Muffler Delete Installed

MirvinG70

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well guys, I put on the muffler deletes I bought from ant46 above... Unfortunately the wife vetoed them after a couple days. She drives the car more then me, and it was I guess it was too loud for her. :( I admit, it was louder than I thought it'd be... Sounded great! But yeah, she said she'd rather have it stock.

So anyway, if anyone wants to buy them, I'll be glad to ship them. I paid $550 shipped, I'd do the same for anyone in the cont US. I think the guy who makes them on ig (smithwelds) is charging $750 plus shipping. So here's a chance to get them quite a bit cheaper. Made really well... Welds are great. Full disclosure, I couldn't get the driver side rear exhaust hanger to line up perfectly. I made it work, but if I were keeping them I'd probably have a shop chop an inch or so off the hanger to have it line up perfectly. Other than that they are great.

I'm on IG @mirving56

normanite

Registered Member
Norman, OK
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What's the noise level like?
Overall, it wasn't too loud 90% of the time... There was some drone around 2k rpm's, even with the resonators, and that's what the wife didn't like. But I'm used to loud cars (coming from straight-piped LSx V8's), so I didn't think it was too bad.

danielegov

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Buddy of mine owns a fabrication shop so he made a few muffler deletes. It is 2.5-inch with no resonators. He is going to make some with resonators as well and he will get me some video/pictures. All Tig welded 304 stainless steel. If anyone is interested in getting one, I can let him know or send me a DM.

It sounds pretty good. No real drone inside the car when just driving normal. Under WOT it sounds really good.

Let me know what you think.

Slick2135

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sounds really good. Any chance he'd wanna make one with resonators to ship out?

MirvinG70

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Same set? Did they not work out for you?
Yes same set. I tried them out and they sound great! I actually just decided to go with a valved full catback system from Ark because I do so much highway driving. If you're interested dm me on insta @mirving56

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums