Multiple Misfire 2010 Genesis 4.6L

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Thread starter #1
Hello all, I really need some help. My Genesis has been in the shop for about a month now with cylinders 1, 3, 5, and 7 Misfiring. When we hook it up to the computer, my car starts and runs fine for about 3 seconds, then cylinder 1 starts misfiring, then 3, then 5, then 7, in that order. The mechanic has tried replacing all of the spark plugs, replacing an actuator(intake), all the way down to a reset of the ECU. Nothing has worked. I am really missing my car, so if anybody has any suggestions. Please feel free to respond. Much Love and Appreciation!

Oh and there are around 102,000 miles on the odometer. Hopefully that helps in someway.

Gunkk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
You can try:
1) Make sure injectors are spraying well.
2) Replace the 02 sensor on that side.
3) Replace plug wires.
4) Replace coil packs on that side.

Genesis Model Type
Thread starter #3
Replying to Gunkk

Thank you, we have tried all of those except the 02 sensors. Will keep you updated once we get those in.

Genesis Model Type
Thread starter #4
You can try:
1) Make sure injectors are spraying well.
2) Replace the 02 sensor on that side.
3) Replace plug wires.
4) Replace coil packs on that side.

Okay, so it's been awhile since I have updated. My mechanic just now got the chance to install the o2 sensor. It didn't work. Do you have anymore suggestions?

Genesis Model Type
Thread starter #6
Are there any error codes ? You should be getting P0300, P0301, P0303, P0305, and p307, but are there any others?
Those are the exact codes. They all come on within a period of 2 minutes. It starts with the random misfire, then continues with the others.

pmckechnie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The only thing I can think of that could cause a problem like this and not have any other error codes is a bad camshaft position sensor for that bank.
It is hard to diagnose a problem like this with out seeing it and I don't like throwing parts at a problem, but at this point I don't know anything else that it may be.
Ask your mechanic if there are any other codes even though he may think they have nothing to do with this problem. Any clue may help.

Genesis Model Type
Thread starter #8
The only thing I can think of that could cause a problem like this and not have any other error codes is a bad camshaft position sensor for that bank.
It is hard to diagnose a problem like this with out seeing it and I don't like throwing parts at a problem, but at this point I don't know anything else that it may be.
Ask your mechanic if there are any other codes even though he may think they have nothing to do with this problem. Any clue may help.
Oh boy, You are correct. My mechanic had the same idea. He was looking at the cam and noticed the valve spring on the 3rd cylinder is broken. It's about a $1600 job.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.