Murdering out my Gen. Paint or Wrap?

Thread starter #1
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I’m planning on blacking out the chrome window trim and I’m wondering if anyone has done the same and how they did it. I’ve tried plasti dipping and hated the finished product. Would painting these be a bad idea?

Paul

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jacksonville, Fl.
Genesis Model Type
I've been toying with the idea of going black on some parts of the car, namely the roof and grill. I'd personally go with a wrap vs paint as it's not permanent if you hate it.

Thread starter #3
Genesis Model Type
I've been toying with the idea of going black on some parts of the car, namely the roof and grill. I'd personally go with a wrap vs paint as it's not permanent if you hate it.
Yeah, I already did my grill w/ plastidip first to see how it looked and since I liked it I went along and painted it, I’m just not wanting to pay someone to wrap it if it’s going to peel awhile later

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
Had my roof wrapped with Avery SW900 Brushed Steel roof on my BH for over 2 years now and no signs of wear. Never did buy the wrap specific cleaner/sealer and it is doing just fine. There is a thread on here somewhere showing my wrap.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I did mine in vinyl wrap two days after buying the car.

Also did my Genesis wings and door handles.

Ignore the water spots. I took the pictures as I was doing them. The spots are gone now.

Attachments

Thread starter #8

scoobertus

Genesis Model Type
I did mine in vinyl wrap two days after buying the car.

Also did my Genesis wings and door handles.

Ignore the water spots. I took the pictures as I was doing them. The spots are gone now.
How'd you do the lower trim? I can't seem to get the vinyl pushed under the rubber window trim.

fkluver

Phoenix, AZ
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I did it not too long ago, needless to say it didnt come out too great since i wrapped it myself in a 100 degree garage but i got 70 yards of 3m satin black wrap, to have room for error i probably ended up using about 60. and for the wheels i actually used the rustoleum peelable paint, gloss black it came out pretty clean with a little patience. the only things i have left to black out are the chrome accents and then it will be finally done. will post pics in a bit

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.