My 2020 G70 Delivered Yesterday

timezoned

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
After waiting a month, my Black 2020 G70 3.3T was delivered yesterday.
This isn't my first new car but I can tell you I was never more impressed after getting the keys for the first time.

It looked better than I thought, the fit an finish is impressive.
From being delivered in a glass box, to the Sales agent walking me through all the car can do and setting up the important bits, the after sales experience is second to none.

The short drives I've taken so far show just how much of a driver's car this is.

Just wanted to say now I know what all of you are talking about.

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congratulations! As a new owner myself welcome to the club. It's one of those mixed things where you want everyone to drive/own this car because of how great it is, but at the same time you like the exclusivity of only a few around and don't want to see another your colour. lol

timezoned

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congratulations! As a new owner myself welcome to the club. It's one of those mixed things where you want everyone to drive/own this car because of how great it is, but at the same time you like the exclusivity of only a few around and don't want to see another your colour. lol
EXACTLY.
Also, its curious to me that not everyone wants one, given the price point.

And thanks for the welcoming.

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also, its curious to me that not everyone wants one, given the price point.
At least where I am (Atlantic Canada) I chalk it up to:
- Not many Genesis cars on the road / people don't know what the car is or much about it.
- People who know the car and specs but are for whatever reason "hesitant" with Kia/Hyundai.
- Badge snobs.

The "badge snobs" make me laugh when I hear the odd comment here and there. All I think is that you've overpayed for your (insert luxury brand here), have less features than me, and will be paying a hell of a lot more maintenance over the lifespan of you car. Don't get me wrong there are quite a few nice cars out there but we're comparing dollar value here basically.

Either way owning domestics most of my life (if you can even call them that these days) i'm completely sold on the car, the service, and I like where the company in general is heading compared to the competition. All these factors, along with the exclusivity and body styling made it very easy to buy the car.

timezoned

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
At least where I am (Atlantic Canada) I chalk it up to:
- Not many Genesis cars on the road / people don't know what the car is or much about it.
- People who know the car and specs but are for whatever reason "hesitant" with Kia/Hyundai.
- Badge snobs.

The "badge snobs" make me laugh when I hear the odd comment here and there. All I think is that you've overpayed for your (insert luxury brand here), have less features than me, and will be paying a hell of a lot more maintenance over the lifespan of you car. Don't get me wrong there are quite a few nice cars out there but we're comparing dollar value here basically.

Either way owning domestics most of my life (if you can even call them that these days) i'm completely sold on the car, the service, and I like where the company in general is heading compared to the competition. All these factors, along with the exclusivity and body styling made it very easy to buy the car.
My wife was set on an Audi. For a 'Premium' brand, it was in the shop more than my Acura. Once when it had problems starting they had it for 4 days! They said they had to drop the engine to fix it.
Same for my friend's who have BMWs. Easy problems, hard to fix.....and EXPENSIVE. So much from brand snobbery.
I don't mind spending on a premium brand, but give me a premium product. Haven't seen that from the Germans.

Hope my G70 keeps surprising me as it has in the short time I had it.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can ask the Audi owners how they like driving their Volkswagen. Ask the Alpha or Maserati owners what model Fiat they drive.
And Lexus about their Toyota and Acura about their Honda. ;)
In the meantime, each of us can enjoy and bask in the luxury of our drive--and not encounter 50+ of them on the drive to work/back each day.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That conclusion is strictly in your own head. Same as someone saying not calling it a Hyundai make you feel better.
Sure is, just my opinion. Who cares anyway? Hyundais are nice cars, the G70 just happens to be a very nice one. Besides, the Genesis has top designers and engineers from Bently, BMW, and Audi that work specifically on the Genesis cars. Most luxury car companies are subs of the common parent companies anyway. Cadillac is a GMC, Lexus is Toyota, Infiniti is Nissan, Audi is Volkswagen, heck even a Lamborghini is Volkswagen... lol

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, everyone I know makes it a point to call it a Hyundai... well, it is, but it isnt. They do that to make themselves feel better...
I call my G70 a Hyundai too from time to time and I'm damn proud of it being a luxury Hyundai...until I get to the dealer and people don't treat my car nicely. Take that extra money you saved and invest it somewhere it won't depreciate

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any idea why they dont deliver Genesis in a glass trailer here in the U.S.?

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any idea why they dont deliver Genesis in a glass trailer here in the U.S.?
Completely different dealership set-up. I think (thought I had read) that Genesis would have preferred to mimic the Canada-model, but laws in U.S. are designed to work against that--requiring registration in each state, etc.
The model has the "benefit" (or detriment) of likely bypassing the local dealership (for sales, not necessarily service)--which can provide for cost savings; also can decrease local jobs, etc.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The one benefit the US system has is being able to haggle the price
Not so sure that is a benefit. Are you sure you got a good deal? Don't let that sticker price fool you.

The need to haggle and pressure to buy overpriced extras is one reason people hate to buy new cars.

ninjastar687

Registered Member
New Jersey, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This isn't my first new car but I can tell you I was never more impressed after getting the keys for the first time.

From being delivered in a glass box, to the Sales agent walking me through all the car can do and setting up the important bits, the after sales experience is second to none.

The short drives I've taken so far show just how much of a driver's car this is.

Congrats on your new purchase! Pics please...

MG8

Hasn't posted much yet...
i see people buying a luxury car just to loan them a status symbol are insecure. they end up with paying more for just a symbol and less of a car. Id pick my Genesis over my Mercedes anytime of the week.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not so sure that is a benefit. Are you sure you got a good deal? Don't let that sticker price fool you.

The need to haggle and pressure to buy overpriced extras is one reason people hate to buy new cars.
I'm not going to say I like dealing with the back and forth, but unless the Canada market has adjusted their prices down to account for the loss of haggling, they're all paying the same MSRP. I can see how it would be a detriment to many people if they aren't skilled enough to negotiate well or are under pressure to buy for some reason. For those of us who can/do negotiate well, do the research, and have the luxury of being able to wait/buy at our leisure, I would say its benefit.

Genesis Newbie

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Congratulations! I am torn between buying the G70 Elite 4 litre turbo or the G70 Dynamic V6. Can anyone offer me any guidance?