My Genesis 4.6 shined last weekend on an autocross event

dannns

Hasn't posted much yet...
Doral, FL
This autocross was at the Miami Homestead Speedway on November 30th, 2008. It was my first time driving at an autocross event, but my time wasn't that much either, however my brother did get second place in the F Stock category, only behind a 2008 Ford Shelby GT. Here are the results for that event:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCdtyz6Ww1s"]YouTube - 2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 Autocross @ Homestead Speedway[/ame]

A video will be coming in the next couple of days.

The car felt great, the only problem is the ESC cutting power from the engine, even when it is off. After some sharp turns, you could not accelerate, and basically there was a fast part of the track that the car consistently took it slower because of the lack of acceleration, there were also places where the car decided to go from 2nd to 1st gear (in manual mode) which was kind of confusing. Other than that the handling was spectacular, it was a very luxurious racing experience, the car did gather a crowd at the end of the event to look at the engine, everyone was impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
This autocross was at the Miami Homestead Speedway on November 30th, 2008. It was my first time driving at an autocross event, but my time wasn't that much either, however my brother did get second place in the F Stock category, only behind a 2008 Ford Shelby GT. Here are the results for that event:

http://autox.carlc.com/results/2008-11-30/ER081130_FIN.HTM

A video will be coming in the next couple of days.

The car felt great, the only problem is the ESC cutting power from the engine, even when it is off. After some sharp turns, you could not accelerate, and basically there was a fast part of the track that the car consistently took it slower because of the lack of acceleration, there were also places where the car decided to go from 2nd to 1st gear (in manual mode) which was kind of confusing. Other than that the handling was spectacular, it was a very luxurious racing experience, the car did gather a crowd at the end of the event to look at the engine, everyone was impressed.
Very interesting! I'm anxiously awaiting the video! :)

VaiFan

Been here awhile...
Tustin
That is outstanding.
I wonder if the V6 would be a little quicker in a tight enviroment like that.
Let's see, V6 with V8 rear stabilizer bar, V8 front brakes.....hummmm....thikin.....

gipp

Been here awhile...
New Jersey
Very, very cool!!!
Good job, especially to your brother. It looks like it was wet out and I wonder if you would have done better with ESC on at all times?

dannns

Hasn't posted much yet...
Doral, FL
Sorry, the old video link stopped working, here it is again
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCdtyz6Ww1s"]YouTube - 2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 Autocross @ Homestead Speedway[/ame]

mods: Is there any way to remove the video from the first post, or update the link?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums