My genesis app isn’t working

Mr.Issaburn3r

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey I need help fixing my genesis app to start my car and lock it when it forget to lock. App keeps saying make sure the car has been started in the past 4 days and is in good coverage range. I drive it everyday and it’s definitely in good coverage range

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hey I need help fixing my genesis app to start my car and lock it when it forget to lock. App keeps saying make sure the car has been started in the past 4 days and is in good coverage range. I drive it everyday and it’s definitely in good coverage range
Sounds like it may not be getting the signal. Have you tried any other functions, such as location, vehicle report, send to car navigation?

You can verify if it is the app or your phone by sending a signal from the owners.genesis,com web site. If it does not work from there, it may be the receiver in the car and the dealer can work on that.

Bigfoot92065

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I called Genesis customer service, they sent me an email and walked me through it. Works great now.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think after a period of time the onboard modem shuts down but that may be when not driven for a while so if you drive every day probably was not the problem? Sounds like you got the malfunction corrected but would be interested to know what was honked up?

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Having the same problem. Been that way for a week at least

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Having the same problem. Been that way for a week at least
Almost every time I get this message it’s when I barely have a signal. The connection is there but I guess it’s so slow it kicks out this error.

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I‘m having an issue with mine starting. It starts every time but the A/C is not running just the car. I tried preset 3 that is set for 66° and it starts and A/C works. Tried deleting the App and that didn’t work. So ill just use preset 3. May be something in the app I think.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I‘m having an issue with mine starting. It starts every time but the A/C is not running just the car. I tried preset 3 that is set for 66° and it starts and A/C works. Tried deleting the App and that didn’t work. So ill just use preset 3. May be something in the app I think.
Do you leave the climate control in Auto mode? Before the app gave you options, I did that will all my cars and it worked with aftermarket remotes too.

FastEddie

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you leave the climate control in Auto mode? Before the app gave you options, I did that will all my cars and it worked with aftermarket remotes too.
Auto or manual didn’t make a difference. It like the recent app update messed with my 1st preset. The other 2 work fine.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Auto or manual didn’t make a difference. It like the recent app update messed with my 1st preset. The other 2 work fine.
Don't know about iPhone but Android also has a Widget. I find that faster and easier for starting. Try that and see if it turns the AC on for you.

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine just won’t remote start, remote lock or unlock. I tried the tip from @EdP using the website and still nothing. Guess it points towards the car being the problem. Haven’t had time to call genesis yet.
It is interesting that this issue coincided from getting my car back from dealer for routine service. maybe a bug from a software update?

DrKK

Registered Member
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Almost every time I get this message it’s when I barely have a signal. The connection is there but I guess it’s so slow it kicks out this error.
Same here.

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Fixed it... Figured I would respond back with my steps taken to help the next guy....

Symptom: no response from vehicle when attempting remote start/lock/unlock.
(I also noticed when I went in the touchscreen menu to the Genesis Connected Services app, it showed a pop up saying no connection and to call genesis customer service)

Fix:
  1. Get in car and start and stop engine three times using the push button.
  2. Start engine a fourth time, but as soon as the screen boots use a paper clip to hold down the reset push button next to the volume knob for three seconds See picture. This should cause the software to re-initialize. Give it a second until it fully reboots. CD5BF343-39CE-45AF-A1C9-7B1D1F90A320.jpeg
  3. Turn off car, get out and lock it.
  4. Test the fix by sending a command from genesis app

FastEddie

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well I think I figured out the issue with the app on mine. I set preset 1 to 63° and tried it and it started with the A/C on. Tried it again without it as default and worked went back and set it as low temp and started with no A/C again. Problem is I’m out of remote starts for the day. Who knew they limited to number of remote starts we can do for a day.

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well I think I figured out the issue with the app on mine. I set preset 1 to 63° and tried it and it started with the A/C on. Tried it again without it as default and worked went back and set it as low temp and started with no A/C again. Problem is I’m out of remote starts for the day. Who knew they limited to number of remote starts we can do for a day.
How dare you start YOUR car too many times🤣

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums