my Genesis ?

Thread starter #1

buellwinkle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Dear Friends I got my G80 last summer... At that time I was told the MyGenesis website would keep track of all work done on my car by Genesis dealers. I could record comments and things I did as well..... Yesterday I was at the dealer, I had a blow-out on the passenger side front tire, crap Continental tire blew out... I asked service writer about the MyGenesis site, as I did not know how to enter data and expected he would record my tire replacement, oil change etc. The service writer and his aid know nothing about mygenisis or how to record my cars history there, but insured me I could do that on my own ??? I do not see anyplace for me to enter data and there is nothing in there except the mileage at the time I bought my car ? HELP ????? I appreciate anything you can tell me..... Jim

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I do it in the phone app, not the online site.

on the phone app, log in, then go to the menu icon in the upper left (looks like a hamburger) and choose the Service History Tool

enter the service date, mileage, location, services performed and take a picture of the invoice (you must do this).

then save.

Thread starter #3

buellwinkle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I do it in the phone app, not the online site.

on the phone app, log in, then go to the menu icon in the upper left (looks like a hamburger) and choose the Service History Tool

enter the service date, mileage, location, services performed and take a picture of the invoice (you must do this).

then save.
Thank you, I know zip about the phone app, I try to do all online..... Jim

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thank you, I know zip about the phone app, I try to do all online..... Jim

I'll look and see how it works, but I can't get on it right now, when I log in it just sits and spins never logs me in, appears Genesis is having site issues.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
ok I finally got in.

pretty easy:

click the menu icon in upper right corner, again looks like a hamburger, and choose vehicle health:
1546538887370.png

on the Health page scroll down to Service History.. in the upper right corner there is an ADD SERVICE RECORD link:

1546539001510.png

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Dear Friends I got my G80 last summer... At that time I was told the MyGenesis website would keep track of all work done on my car by Genesis dealers. I could record comments and things I did as well..... Yesterday I was at the dealer, I had a blow-out on the passenger side front tire, crap Continental tire blew out... I asked service writer about the MyGenesis site, as I did not know how to enter data and expected he would record my tire replacement, oil change etc. The service writer and his aid know nothing about mygenisis or how to record my cars history there, but insured me I could do that on my own ??? I do not see anyplace for me to enter data and there is nothing in there except the mileage at the time I bought my car ? HELP ????? I appreciate anything you can tell me..... Jim
It is not very intuitive.
Upper right corner click on the menu thing
Vehicle Health

On that page scroll to the bottom and you will see the service records and can add to it.

pmckechnie

Registered Member
Matthews, NC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Go to the MyGenesis site and click log in. After about 10 seconds you should see a screen with a small car with a circle around and a green check mark if all is ok with the car.
Now click the VIEW DETAILS button. In about 10 seconds a new screen will open. Scroll down and you should see the SERVICE HISTORY. if your services don't show up, call customer care and they will fix it.
If yoou do find the services, you can view a record and then edit it. Or you can add a new service or note.

Thread starter #8

buellwinkle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Is this through the phone app ? I am in mygenesis on line and I see a bell at the upper right corner ? Jim

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Note:

all those were entered by my dealer, and show here, but not on the app, all the manual entries in my app don't show here. weird they are not connected.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Is this through the phone app ? I am in mygenesis on line and I see a bell at the upper right corner ? Jim
to the right of the bell is an icon with 3 bars:

1546539605833.png

that is the menu icon.

if you can't see it, see if you need to slide your browser to the right using the slide bar at the bottom of your page. I'm on a 37" monitor so I see everything, but on my 14" laptop screen I have to slide it left to right to see it

Thread starter #11

buellwinkle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Go to the MyGenesis site and click log in. After about 10 seconds you should see a screen with a small car with a circle around and a green check mark if all is ok with the car.
Now click the VIEW DETAILS button. In about 10 seconds a new screen will open. Scroll down and you should see the SERVICE HISTORY. if your services don't show up, call customer care and they will fix it.
If yoou do find the services, you can view a record and then edit it. Or you can add a new service or note.
When I try this I do not get the same results.. I get a screen with my name and it asks me to add my car ?? my car is already in that system

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
When I try this I do not get the same results.. I get a screen with my name and it asks me to add my car ?? my car is already in that system

then call customer service, something is wonky with your account:

(844)-340-9741

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.