• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

My new owner experiences after the first 1000 miles.

Mgrig

Registered Member
I have driven my 2014 9878 miles as of today. The car has run flawlessly, averages 25.5 on the highway doing roughly 75mph, around town it gets 17 mph running regular gas. The dealer has picked up the car twice for oil changes and dropped a 2013 Equus for my use as a replacement.

As far as fit and finish, this car I am driving matches up very nicely to my neighbor's 2013 S500 coming in at about 60% of the cost. The quality overall is outstanding, I am coming out of a 2010 Genesis and prior to that a 2008 7 series.

I hope you get your car squared away on the dealers dime.

Good luck

PhorenReign

Getting familiar with the group...
Maryland
I've been in the market for a genesis R-Spec, and i've deeply considered the equus. Man i tell you the reviews are so mixed I'd hate to give hyundai and try and end up disappointed. note I'm more than likely going to buy used-- which is even more worrisome.

Bill K

Registered Member
Chicagoland
There is no way I'd put up with getting a Sonata as a loaner. Everything I've read said that it's a Equus or a Genesis for a loaner.
I'd be on the phone to the Equus/Genesis Hot Line in two minutes.

westsiderkg

Registered Member
I hear you Bill, but around me I only have 2 certified Equus dealerships. 1 will not ever return my calls, so how about that for service, lol! The other does return my calls, after I call them 5 times, then repeat myself 5 times, makes me wait days on end to get in, then I have to beg to get a rental. Guess beggars cant be choosers, but I will unfortunately be going back to the Euro's on the next ride. Gave Hyundai a shot but they are not living up to the hype, atleast here in my area and I don't like begging when I am willing to pay $70k for a car and luxury line that's not really proven itself yet and needs to sell service as a primary selling point. Makes no sense, if they cant live up to their offering when selling then simply put, they will loose repeat customers like me. In a very limited market that typically equates to going belly up, but perhaps I am one of only a small pool of disenchanted customers...but I do have some reservations to believe I am out on a island with regard to my experience.

Bill K

Registered Member
Chicagoland
Did you call the Equus hot line, to complain?
If need be. Hyundai should drive an Equus (or Genesis) from out of state, to drop off as a loaner. I wouldn't care if they had to drive 500 miles.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums