• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

3.3T My results so far with the stage 1 tune that I've been developing

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
you would think it couldn’t be to hard. Being they have been obd2 flashing the gt500 since like a week after it came out. Just sayin
Agreed. However, John from Tork said that there is some crazy dual chip encryption going on with our ECU's, and so far they have to manually bypassed in order to get to all the stored information. Decrypting this seems unlikely, unless someone has an inside guy with Hyundai. Haha.

Hopefully this changes, but it seems like that with our current aftermarket scene it's not going to happen. Hopefully we can get some bigger tuning companies in on it to finally crack it for OBDII flashing.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Agreed. However, John from Tork said that there is some crazy dual chip encryption going on with our ECU's, and so far they have to manually bypassed in order to get to all the stored information. Decrypting this seems unlikely, unless someone has an inside guy with Hyundai. Haha.

Hopefully this changes, but it seems like that with our current aftermarket scene it's not going to happen. Hopefully we can get some bigger tuning companies in on it to finally crack it for OBDII flashing.
I remember seeing that. Apparently we build stronger motors here in the states but can figure out this encryption stuff since it’s cracked immediately lmao

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I remember seeing that. Apparently we build stronger motors here in the states but can figure out this encryption stuff since it’s cracked immediately lmao
Hah, right?

I assume it has something to do with Hyundai's silly 10 year warranty. They gotta protect it at all costs. I think usually this is good for us, as they overbuild components. But, on the flip side, they also have baked in software to be overly protective as well. An example of this is the G70's power restrictions when going below 10mph or whatever - throttle plate doesn't even open halfway despite flooring it. Likewise they gotta protect that ECU so they can't be held liable for if the powertrain doesn't last a full 10 years.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hah, right?

I assume it has something to do with Hyundai's silly 10 year warranty. They gotta protect it at all costs. I think usually this is good for us, as they overbuild components. But, on the flip side, they also have baked in software to be overly protective as well. An example of this is the G70's power restrictions when going below 10mph or whatever - throttle plate doesn't even open halfway despite flooring it. Likewise they gotta protect that ECU so they can't be held liable for if the powertrain doesn't last a full 10 years.
You would think they wouldn’t care if it has been modified. If they can see it’s been flashed then they can just deny warranty claims of something happens.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums