• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Nav Caution Screen

sbdman

Hasn't posted much yet...
Is there any way to bypass the Nav Caution Screen I'm greeted to every time I turn on the sedan? Even if I could default to the radio or info screens, it would be better than having to look at that nagging lawyer speak if I don't hit enter!
Also, if anyone has links to other possible hacks (like disabling the bells if I unbuckle my seat belt entering a parking lot)?

ShoNuff

Registered Member
Atlanta
So far, none of us have found any hacks or other work-arounds. The nanny screen is something we will have to just live with. The only way to get rid of it without hitting the DIS button is to drive in reverse, but this would get tiresome after the first dozen miles or so... :D

sbdman

Hasn't posted much yet...
My Avalon had the nag screen, too, but at least you could have it default to info or radio.

Just makes me feel like a scolded child, in an otherwise enjoyable vehicle.

DJaxx

Getting familiar with the group...
Ontario
Is there any way to bypass the Nav Caution Screen I'm greeted to every time I turn on the sedan? Even if I could default to the radio or info screens, it would be better than having to look at that nagging lawyer speak if I don't hit enter!
Also, if anyone has links to other possible hacks (like disabling the bells if I unbuckle my seat belt entering a parking lot)?
I think the key phrase is "when I turn on the sedan". If this is the scenario, all you are required to do is ensure you leave the LCD tuned to one of the other inputs (XM, FM, etc) prior to turning off the Genesis.

Whatever was last on your screen is what will appear when you next start the car.

The nav caution screen will always show the nanny when you want to display the nav screen.

G-969282

So far, none of us have found any hacks or other work-arounds. The nanny screen is something we will have to just live with. The only way to get rid of it without hitting the DIS button is to drive in reverse, but this would get tiresome after the first dozen miles or so...
My enter button doesn’t work anymore so how can I get rid of caution screen

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL