• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

First Generation Navigation map update version question

Alan_J-457

Hasn't posted much yet...
I purchased a map update from MnSOFT (V10) through the dealer and the dealer recently installed it. However, the MAP Version displayed in Nav system settings didn't change (still shows 03.00.00 2010.04.30.10). The dealer says the version number shouldn't change, but the underlying map database was updated.
Does the MAP Version information get updated as part of the map update?

Man of Mystery

Registered Member
Go to the MapnSoft web site: http://www.mapnsoft.com/

Enter the model and year of your Genesis and it will show you the Map Version information for Version 10.

It looks to me (assuming you are in the USA or Canada) that the version 10 update might not be loaded.

jgs1564

Registered Member
I purchased the V10 map update for my Genesis Ultimate. It arrived in the mail today. Package comes with an SD Card, thumb drive, and easy-to-use owners manual. I installed the update which took less than 30 minutes. Very easy to do and I confirmed that the updated version of the software properly installed. I really like the 3-D Birds Eye view. Also, the font and graphics are much clearer.

For Alan (above), it doesn't sound like your dealer successfully installed version 10 in your Genesis. If that's the case, I would go back to them and make them do it correctly.

rmwweb

Registered Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I purchased the V10 map update for my Genesis Ultimate. It arrived in the mail today. Package comes with an SD Card, thumb drive, and easy-to-use owners manual. I installed the update which took less than 30 minutes. Very easy to do and I confirmed that the updated version of the software properly installed. I really like the 3-D Birds Eye view. Also, the font and graphics are much clearer.

For Alan (above), it doesn't sound like your dealer successfully installed version 10 in your Genesis. If that's the case, I would go back to them and make them do it correctly.
I just had V10 installed on my Canadian G2 5.0 and while there is now a check box for 3D buildings, there doesn't appear to be any way of getting the Nav screen into the Birds eye view. Am I missing something? Should buildings be in 3D everywhere or only in major downtown core areas? I've only had a chance to spend about 20 minutes with the new version - it now has my street on the maps so that's a good thing and confirms I've gotten an updated version but there is no obvious way of changing the view to Birds eye.

I've checked the Mapnsoft website and it shows the Birdseye view as part of the Canadian version of V10.

Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

shagnat

Registered Member
Also what does this COST?? I have a '13 Equus...
The cost can vary widely depending on your dealer. My local dealer wants $400 but found a dealer about 80 miles away that will do it for $100. Some people have said they had it done free...... dunno about that.

Jptpro

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just had V10 installed on my Canadian G2 5.0 and while there is now a check box for 3D buildings, there doesn't appear to be any way of getting the Nav screen into the Birds eye view. Am I missing something? Should buildings be in 3D everywhere or only in major downtown core areas? I've only had a chance to spend about 20 minutes with the new version - it now has my street on the maps so that's a good thing and confirms I've gotten an updated version but there is no obvious way of changing the view to Birds eye.

I've checked the Mapnsoft website and it shows the Birdseye view as part of the Canadian version of V10.

Any help would be appreciated.:confused:
Im wondering that myself, any update you've learned?

Adam2gGene

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Can anyone post pics of what the updated map looks like? I have the 16 3.8 and I plan on getting the update at some point. Tia

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums