• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Navigation Update

Mohitmist

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
What's the most cost effective option to update my navigation system? Although I often use my Google Maps, I would like to update the Navi so that I don't have to use my Data on my phone plan.

Any advice would help!

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
What's the most cost effective option to update my navigation system? Although I often use my Google Maps, I would like to update the Navi so that I don't have to use my Data on my phone plan.

Any advice would help!
You mean updates that are about 2 years out of date? Wondering how much data a person uses per hour with Waze, Google Maps, etc? I recently used Waze for about 22 hours on a drive to Scottsdale.

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you drive a large city often use Google maps and download the regional map while over WiFi. Google Maps will use this offline version to save data and then update it the next time it see' WiFi.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
You mean updates that are about 2 years out of date? Wondering how much data a person uses per hour with Waze, Google Maps, etc? I recently used Waze for about 22 hours on a drive to Scottsdale.

Waze uses about .23MB per hour.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
On average, Google Maps uses about 0.67MB of data every 10 miles and 0.73MB of mobile data for every 20 minutes. According to our research, it uses less than Apple Maps but slightly more than Waze. ... We tested out Google Maps against Apple Maps and Waze to find out which one used the least amount of mobile data.

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Waze uses about .23MB per hour.
I don't think I've ever seen MB expressed with a decimal point. I drove 24 hours with Wazw. So, using .23MB X 24 comes out to 5.52MB or almost nothing. If that is correct, who cares what Waze uses? I think my ATT data plan is for 6 GB per month. I see a report that streaming a movie uses about 3GB per hour. Since almost all my streaming is via wifi, I could care less.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums