Navigation update

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
Recently my navigation no longer worked correctly. I called Genesis support and was informed that my packages expired and I would have to renew. Supposidly at the end of the three years all of that good stuff expires. To me that is absurd . I become more and more disenchanted with the entire ownership experience with Genesis from the stand alone dealerships to the service at the Hyundai dealer. This is my first and final Genesis.

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Your navigation continues to work just fine, and you can even still update the maps in it for free. (I don't know of any other manufacturer with free map updates.)
The only part that doesn't work is the voice POI search from the button on the mirror.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Recently my navigation no longer worked correctly. I called Genesis support and was informed that my packages expired and I would have to renew. Supposidly at the end of the three years all of that good stuff expires. To me that is absurd . I become more and more disenchanted with the entire ownership experience with Genesis from the stand alone dealerships to the service at the Hyundai dealer. This is my first and final Genesis.
What is not working on the navigation?

When your 3 year included services runs out you do lose the "send to car" and the button on the mirror feature. The mapping itself should still work.

When you bought the car it should have been explained the connected services are three years. It says so on the web site and other places.

lou1119

California
What is not working on the navigation?

When your 3 year included services runs out you do lose the "send to car" and the button on the mirror feature. The mapping itself should still work.

When you bought the car it should have been explained the connected services are three years. It says so on the web site and other places.
I could not use previous destinations nor could I manually input new destinations. That was never explained to me when I bought the car but the sale as person was a Hyundai employee. Enough of the stand alone dealer B S.

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I could not use previous destinations nor could I manually input new destinations. That was never explained to me when I bought the car but the sale as person was a Hyundai employee. Enough of the stand alone dealer B S.
You have some other problem going on then. All of that works without connected services.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You may have some other issue but not enough information to say for sure. How long ago did you connected services run out? Have you used the navigation since? Is it still shoing location as you drive? Have you tried a reset on the head unit?

The sales employee was not a Hyundai employee. He worked for the independently owned dealership, not that it helps. Many of the dealers do suck though.

lou1119

California
J. You have some other problem going on then. All of that works without connected services.
You may have some other issue but not enough information to say for sure. How long ago did you connected services run out? Have you used the navigation since? Is it still shoing location as you drive? Have you tried a reset on the head unit?

The sales employee was not a Hyundai employee. He worked for the independently owned dealership, not that it helps. Many of the dealers do suck though.
This one truly did suck. This started happening at the end of the 3 year warranty. We started to use the directions on our smart phones until the previous destinations no longer worked.

Starflyer

Vancouver WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
You have some other problem going on then. All of that works without connected services.
I agree, my 3 year period has also ended and the navigation still works fine.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums