Nearly here (MN)

prattusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Spoke with a MN dealer yesterday about the GV70 I have "reserved" (no obligation) - the 3.5T Advanced Red with Blue interior and quilted leather seats arrived at the transport hub yesterday months ahead of expectations. He should have it in the next day or two, at which time I will go and see for myself if I can live with the Frankenstein dash (given there is no HUD I will be looking at it more than I want) to get the gorgeous quilted blue leather with contrasting stitch interior. Will post photos.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Good luck. My dealer is suppose to get a few in the next couple of weeks.

Jamo

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My dealer is getting a few in as well, they did warn me that they are planning to mark up all of them by 5-10k over MSRP which I'm not sure I can really get behind. Yes they will sell but just not sure if paying above sticker makes sense especially in something that loses value as soon as ink hits paper.

prattusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My dealer is getting a few in as well, they did warn me that they are planning to mark up all of them by 5-10k over MSRP which I'm not sure I can really get behind. Yes they will sell but just not sure if paying above sticker makes sense especially in something that loses value as soon as ink hits paper.
I'd tell your concierge: they're not supposed to do that. May not have any effect, but when I bitched to mine about lack of knowledge on another local dealer's part it shook things up a bit. My dealer is just going MSRP - I would not pay a cent more, as I think they're already right at the edge of becoming "too much"

Blitz118

Registered Member
You can go to another dealer that is not marking them up. You do not have to pay 5-10K mark up fees.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
If we stick to our guns and not pay above MSRP they will learn quickly. By the end of this year dealers will have these sitting on their lots like the GV80's are today. I for one won't pay above and even have a hard time paying MSRP. I can wait.

Jamo

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You can go to another dealer that is not marking them up. You do not have to pay 5-10K mark up fees.
Oh this I know. And I will likely wait or potentially move into an SQ5 Sportback if all else fails. I am very particular in the color I want and my current dealer isn't expecting that in until the end of August so either way I'm waiting a bit more. Hopefully by then their asperations of getting way over MSRP will die down a bit.

tb3573

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Good luck prattusa. The more I look at the videos, the more the frankenstein cluster looks just that. Very noticeable to me and I think it would drive me crazy. YMMV of course.

Off the OP's original topic, but on MSRP from the last handful of posters... I'll xpost to pricing.

A dealer (which is sticking with MSRP by the way) told me that Genesis has communicated pretty strongly to their dealer network not to go above MSRP, but that they can't really do anything about it. Supposedly a standalone building was part of the agreement - not sure why pricing couldn't be as well - perhaps they didn't include it and that horse has left the barn. Apparently dealers are getting around it by not posting an above-MSRP pricing on anything consumer-facing (web, etc) and then posting on the car a "market adjustment."

They also told me that Genesis has warned that dealers going above MSRP would have their allotment adjusted. I like hearing that, but if for some reason (I can't imagine why if it's above MSRP) that dealer is moving cars, I suspect they'll look the other way.

I don't have a way to verify these comments, but seems to be reasonable.

prattusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Good luck prattusa. The more I look at the videos, the more the frankenstein cluster looks just that. Very noticeable to me and I think it would drive me crazy. YMMV of course.

Off the OP's original topic, but on MSRP from the last handful of posters... I'll xpost to pricing.

A dealer (which is sticking with MSRP by the way) told me that Genesis has communicated pretty strongly to their dealer network not to go above MSRP, but that they can't really do anything about it. Supposedly a standalone building was part of the agreement - not sure why pricing couldn't be as well - perhaps they didn't include it and that horse has left the barn. Apparently dealers are getting around it by not posting an above-MSRP pricing on anything consumer-facing (web, etc) and then posting on the car a "market adjustment."

They also told me that Genesis has warned that dealers going above MSRP would have their allotment adjusted. I like hearing that, but if for some reason (I can't imagine why if it's above MSRP) that dealer is moving cars, I suspect they'll look the other way.

I don't have a way to verify these comments, but seems to be reasonable.
Yeah I think it is a legal thing in the US where the dealers are "independent" and they can't actually make them do anything much - fine print in a lot of ads for all sorts of programs/discounts "from participating dealers only"

prattusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I really really hope not. I am looking forward to seeing it in person and posting my observations here.

tb3573

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Look forward to it. Starting about 3:10 in they show the analog in a GV80. The contrast in the circle outline is substantially different and you can see the left side of the digital fairly clearly. Those two are fighting against each other - to get rid of box contrast and make it all blacker, the rest of the digital will likely get dimmer.

Seems to be relatively consistent in other videos as well

1623352075988.png

Hope for you it's better in person. I'm locked into the HUD, which goes hand-in-hand with the digital display...

Etex

Registered Member
After watching several videos, I believe the automatic camera settings are making it look worse than it really is. Both images were in the daytime. There is obvious light reflections coming off the metalic bezel on the speedo & prob number text.. In a broader view the camera sets brightness on windshield view, top of dash & even center of steering wheel, but note how all dark digital areas are suppressed (red outline), not just the tach...my $ .02

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-151629.jpg
    Screenshot_20210610-151629.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 20

KDav

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The non-sport steering wheel definitely has a Mercury Grand Marquis look to it. Quite atrocious in my opinion.

I went down to the Genesis studio in NYC today and ruled out the blue (which is the same on the GV80). It is way too royal blue looking in bright light. With no light it's a nice darker navy looking color, but I cannot be riding around in that, it looks ridiculous vs. the more muted, darker blue on the G80 (I forget the color name). Going to go with the Himalayan Gray, which probably will mar it easier to find a unit.

Sounds like the nyc studio will get a GV70 in the next two weeks, which is nice because you can spend a bunch of time looking at the car and the people there don't give a crap because they work for corporate.

tb3573

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The non-sport steering wheel definitely has a Mercury Grand Marquis look to it. Quite atrocious in my opinion.

I went down to the Genesis studio in NYC today and ruled out the blue (which is the same on the GV80). It is way too royal blue looking in bright light. With no light it's a nice darker navy looking color, but I cannot be riding around in that, it looks ridiculous vs. the more muted, darker blue on the G80 (I forget the color name). Going to go with the Himalayan Gray, which probably will mar it easier to find a unit.

Sounds like the nyc studio will get a GV70 in the next two weeks, which is nice because you can spend a bunch of time looking at the car and the people there don't give a crap because they work for corporate.
KDav - I've been looking at the blue as well - finally found a video that shows it in a reasonable light. Definitely a bit brighter than I thought - curious about it on the somewhat smaller GV70 in-person...

Etex

Registered Member
Looked at a couple videos of blue models (both in showrooms), somewhat annoyed at what I saw, not the color so much, but what's on top, especially for the price. Then compared what I saw with Charlie's video in Suji center, the black one, it was not as obvious. Production vs Showroon, maybe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-220716.jpg
    Screenshot_20210610-220716.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 22

KDav

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
KDav - I've been looking at the blue as well - finally found a video that shows it in a reasonable light. Definitely a bit brighter than I thought - curious about it on the somewhat smaller GV70 in-person...

Thanks. I've seen the videos, I needed to go down and shine my phone flash on it to get a better idea of what bright outdoor light might look like and it is straight up royal blue in bright light. This probably explains why it's called royal blue in Korea model. And I've seen Tasman blue for g80, that would be the one I would want.

prattusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
After watching several videos, I believe the automatic camera settings are making it look worse than it really is. Both images were in the daytime. There is obvious light reflections coming off the metalic bezel on the speedo & prob number text.. In a broader view the camera sets brightness on windshield view, top of dash & even center of steering wheel, but note how all dark digital areas are suppressed (red outline), not just the tach...my $ .02
I saw that too. I think the only way to tell definitvely is going to be in person - I agree the camera may be giving a false impression. I will take a long hard look as it may well be the make or break point for me, and report my impressions back here.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners