• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Need help dealing with Rick Case

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Need help dealing with Rick Case Hyundai Genesis Dealership. So I've owned three different Genesis's. The first was purchased new at Rick Case in Davie Florida. Great experience besides the warranty being great "the Genesis Owner Experience" was supposed to give a Genesis loaner car when warranty work or maintenance would require it. I even got a loaner in California when a scheduled oil change was going to take too long due to too many walk ins. I've since purchased a 2104 sedan because of driving the loaner sedan. I now own a 2016 sedan and it is due for the 15,000 mile factory service. So I took it to Rick Case in Davie to have the work done. When I arrive I'm told that I'm not entitled to a Genesis because I don't own a G80! What kind of BS is that? When I was sold my Genesis I was told I'd receive a Genesis loaner but they came up with that story. As if me owning three of these cars didn't help the popularity of it. I feel so screwed over its not even funny. So I drop it off and the service personal tells me I don't get a loaner that they'll reimburse me for a rental and I need my credit card for charges??? So I had them take me back to the dealership and told them they need to. They did but they gave me a Santa Fe. So I describe all the issues I'm having so that everything can get done at the same time. One of the problems I am having is "subscription update" comes on every time I drive my car. The service adviser Freddy, tells me he can't fix that, that I have to call Blue Link. I told him that was an unacceptable answer, Hyundai built the car, I didn't and you can fix it. The same thing with my big problem of the way my car shakes when doing 70 -80 and going in a gentle right curve. I got new tires and they have been balanced twice and tire place says it's something with the car. He calls me and tells me I need my tires balanced for 59$. Fine I said but I've been through this with the tire company if it doesn't fix it I'm not paying for it. He agreed. I also called back to let them know that they can for sure fix the subscription problem since there is a Hyundai Technical Service Bulletin on it! Why do I have do his job? Why was I always told by Hyundai, that as a Genesis owner I'm entitled to a Genesis loaner if they are not going to honor it when the time comes. Shame on Rick Case in Davie. When I bought my first Genesis you guys made a great impression on me. I felt that I had made a great decision on my purchase. Unfortunately the experience has changed but not for the better.

SO THE BIG QUESTION TO THE FORUM IS HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN SOLD THEY'RE NEW GENESIS WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT THEY WOULD GET A LOANER CAR AND THEN LATER DENIED BECAUSE "WE DON'T OWN THE NEW ONE" !

Last edited:

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
When I took our 2015 Genesis Ultimate in to replace the differential under warranty I got a free Genesis sedan loaner.
Granted it was a 2012 gold sedan, but it was a Genesis.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Slippery slope... But you can always count on a dealership to split hairs - especially if it's on their dime.

RyanB

Getting familiar with the group...
Elmhurst, IL
My local dealer gives me a G80 when I come in but that is THEIR choice and they are not required to since I own a Hyundai and not a Genesis G80 and they are not even the dealer I bought it from. My selling dealer only offers rental cars while being serviced for warranty items and yes they will put a hold on your credit card which will be refunded. No big deal with the credit card hold. Never believe anything a salesman tells you unless it's in writing on legal documents.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Like others have stated, you own a Hyundai, not a Genesis. The only promises Hyundai made as far as the type of loaners given was to Equus buyers. They were told they'd get an Equus or a Genesis as a loaner. Genesis owners weren't promised anything by Hyundai. Sounds like it's the dealer that promised you that. But, years have gone by, they probably have new management, and things change. We try to give Hyundai Genesis loaners a Genesis G70 or G80 loaner, but only if we have one available. But they go to Genesis owners first.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums