Need help with my G70!! Car won’t recognize key fobs or start

Jdotto24

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have racked up just under 4,000 miles since I got my 2020 G70 3.3T AWD Sport in March. I go out to the car this morning and it won’t unlock with the fob buttons or the smart key. I used the physical key to get inside and now the car still won’t unlock or start (even when pushing the end of the fob against the starter button). I’ve tried both key fobs, and both don’t register (although there’s nothing from within the car telling me that a key isn’t registering) Batteries should be completely fine in both fobs and the car. I had plenty of gas and no issues when I used the car two days ago.
I’m thinking there’s some glitch related to a remote start request from connected services a week ago that has shut down any other attempt to start/unlock the car. It’ll be really annoying if a stupid app is the reason I can’t drive right now.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, try jumping the car, or measure the battery voltage if you've got a meter. Good luck.

Jdotto24

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Battery dead in the car?

Can you do anything with the car via the app?
I’ve tried, but the app has not been able to refresh and link with the car for like the last week or so. It’s pulling up an error on the app saying there’s some error on their end. the status (on/off, unlocked/locked) can’t be changed from there.

Is it typical for the car to not flash anything on the dash or sound like it’s turning over? I would be shocked if the new battery was dead after 8 months. No issues or signs of a dying battery before today.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Here is a thread. One item I had not seen was tech said OBD was not communicating to tool which is a deeper issue.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I always thought if everything failed you could place the key fob against start button and press the button to start. The RFID in the FOB will communicate with the car directly so all remote functions get bypassed. If that fails it’s like car has gone into immobilizer mode.

Jdotto24

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does the small red light on center front of dash flash regularly? Or at all?
Yes, that little blinking red light on the top of the dash is still there. The light acts as if it’s parked normally. Brake and steering is locked when I manage to get inside with physical key

Jdotto24

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I always thought if everything failed you could place the key fob against start button and press the button to start. The RFID in the FOB will communicate with the car directly so all remote functions get bypassed. If that fails it’s like car has gone into immobilizer mode.
Yep that has failed every time. Is a tow truck the next step for the car once the immobilizer is activated?

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yep that has failed every time. Is a tow truck the next step for the car once the immobilizer is activated?
Not sure your SOL just yet but I have read post where Genesis connected services has helped if immobilizer has kicked in. Let us know the outcome for this is sort of scary.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums