Need serious help!!! Brakes!!!!

Igosleepnow

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
So I drive the 3.8 Rspec coupe and my brake started making singing noise ( kinda like the finger and wine glass noise). I checked and they were good but the rotors were very glossy. I replaced the pads and cut rotors. Sound came back in 2 weeks. I replaced pads again and with rotors (This time using akebonos and power sport slotted rotors), noise came back again. Swapped them out for R1 Concept rotors and Wagner pads. Noise came back in 1 month and rotors were hella glossy like I could see the car I parked next to in them glossy. I really need help this noise is crazy loud and I have no idea where to go next.

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
So I drive the 3.8 Rspec coupe and my brake started making singing noise ( kinda like the finger and wine glass noise). I checked and they were good but the rotors were very glossy. I replaced the pads and cut rotors. Sound came back in 2 weeks. I replaced pads again and with rotors (This time using akebonos and power sport slotted rotors), noise came back again. Swapped them out for R1 Concept rotors and Wagner pads. Noise came back in 1 month and rotors were hella glossy like I could see the car I parked next to in them glossy. I really need help this noise is crazy loud and I have no idea where to go next.
Welcome. Moved to the Genesis Coupe section...

Igosleepnow

Genesis Model Type
All calipers functioning as intended?
Hardware and slide pins lubricated in the proper locations?
Sounds like something is hanging up and not releasing properly.
It doesn’t do it all the time only after the brake heat up so I can stop with no noise for 5 or 6 times then the noise comes but it stops right after I release the pedal.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It doesn’t do it all the time only after the brake heat up so I can stop with no noise for 5 or 6 times then the noise comes but it stops right after I release the pedal.
Is this a new to you car or have you had it quite a while? Sometimes brake noise comes from braking habits overheating them. Or, as BTD suggested, calipers not releasing properly. Check them out.

Igosleepnow

Genesis Model Type
Is this a new to you car or have you had it quite a while? Sometimes brake noise comes from braking habits overheating them. Or, as BTD suggested, calipers not releasing properly. Check them out.
Had the car for 5 years. Problem started late last year. The calipers press back in fine but I’ll do some more research on that. I haven’t seen any warping on the rotors when I cut them and no heat marks either. I’ve seen someone with a 350z with brembos that made the same noise but he couldn’t figure it out either.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Had the car for 5 years. Problem started late last year. The calipers press back in fine but I’ll do some more research on that. I haven’t seen any warping on the rotors when I cut them and no heat marks either. I’ve seen someone with a 350z with brembos that made the same noise but he couldn’t figure it out either.
Since you are good for 5 stops I wonder if the calipers only stick when hot? Just seems odd you were good for 5 years, changed so much, still have noise.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums