• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Need suggestions/help - bad service

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you took your car in for service and found out that they didn’t do 75% of it, after saying that they had, and to top it off they used your car to pick up lunch...how would you handle it? What would you expect the dealership to do for you?

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well to begin with, all of the servicing that should have been done needs to be. I'd probably leave it up to them to figure out how they are going to right the wrong and take it to corporate if I'm unsatisfied with their response

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Actually I don't expect anything good from my dealer but could you please explain what happened? What kind of service they supposed to and didn't do?
They were supposed to do the 6000 mile service (oil change, fuel additive, rotation and inspection on multiple components). Also, there were going to work on the CarPlay again, and there is a rattle in the roof that they were going to look into.
They did the oil change and maybe the additive but no CarPlay, roof issue or rotation

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Time to sit down with the service manager. Did they say anything about the rattle? To find it, they do have to drive it so picking up lunch would be a possible benefit for both of you. It should be noted that they did or did not hear anything.
No rotation is careless. No excuse. I assume you can tell by looking it was not done. If you have a dirty wheel or scuffed tire, etc it is easy to know. They may say the tires look good so not needed, but if the book says to to it they should do it to keep the tires looking good.

Can't say about CarPlay. Did they ask for your phone? I don't know if it can be diagnosed without it. I also don't know if they would have a qualified person to get into software issues. That would be a subject to go over with the service manager.
They said they didn’t hear any rattling but they said that they made adjustments to it. None with done.
As for the CarPlay...they didn’t have my phone...and truth be told it worked when I picked it up yesterday but stopped working again today.

I’ve been frustrated about that and this has just made things worse

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
+1 on a direct conversation with the SM. don't even bother with the service tech. allow the SM to make things right - they are owed that opportunity. assuming they can rectify their shortcomings you should be all set. and i suggest clarifying future work orders with the SM until the group has proven their ability to do their collective jobs properly.

Revvster_G70

Registered Member
champaign, Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They said they didn’t hear any rattling but they said that they made adjustments to it. None with done.
As for the CarPlay...they didn’t have my phone...and truth be told it worked when I picked it up yesterday but stopped working again today.

I’ve been frustrated about that and this has just made things worse
I am sure you might have tried this already. Did you try to use another phone and cable to see if that is the problem? also what iPhone is it you are using and what iOS are you on?

also the tyres are of different sizes so the change would be from side to side I am assuming.

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am sure you might have tried this already. Did you try to use another phone and cable to see if that is the problem? also what iPhone is it you are using and what iOS are you on?

also the tyres are of different sizes so the change would be from side to side I am assuming.
I’ve tried different phones and cords. It works sometimes and then stops. Been that way for a while now.

I have an 8 and I’m running iOS 13.2.3
It was working when I picked it up last night and then working this morning. The car was sitting for 2 hours or so and when I go back in and connected the phone nothing it didn’t work

FrankieD

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I waited all day yesterday to hear from the service manager and nothing. I am going to the dealership today and speaking to them in person

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I waited all day yesterday to hear from the service manager and nothing. I am going to the dealership today and speaking to them in person
Don't forget to bring donuts. Apparently bribing people to do their job properly works well for other members here :ROFLMAO:

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums