FOR SALE: NEW 19” CONTINENTAL PRO-CONTACT TIRES

Haironfire

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Thread starter #1
New take-offs with only 174 miles. Fit Genesis with 19” wheel package, some Mercedes, BMW, etc.

FRONT: 245-40/19

REAR: 275-35-19

NEW COST $1,200.

SALE PRICE $485.

Will ship at buyer’s expense.
Gary 772-220-1500

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So I can see what they look like. Not all tires look good. They would be going on an Equus and there's some Continentals people are complaining about.
You probably would want specific information as to the model number for that. I'm sure you don't want the ones prone to failures others experienced. It would have to be a close up photo to read that on the sidewall.

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
How much for shipping to zip code 29078?
Did you have to ship the tires and if so, what did it cost?

I have the same tires except that I only have one front because the other got totaled against a curb at 2,000. $1100 total at Costco for new Michelin's. Wondering how hard it will be to sell only the 2 back 275/35/R19's? I'm thinking of mounting my one good Condi on a spare hub in place of the donut. IF I ever did have to use the spare and I had a long way to go for a replacement, I think it would be better than the donut.

Anyone here thing the 245/40/19R would be a bad idea for a temporary replacement? It fits very well in the donut hole in the trunk.

Haironfire

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Thread starter #11
FedEx wanted $360 without boxes. The real tire instead of a donut would be much better, because you’re limited to 50 mph on the donut. Seems it would be better just to buy a replacement for the damaged Conti.

GL

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
FedEx wanted $360 without boxes. The real tire instead of a donut would be much better, because you’re limited to 50 mph on the donut. Seems it would be better just to buy a replacement for the damaged Conti.

GL
Yeah, it would have been better to get a replacement for the damaged Conti EXCEPT that I had a road trip and NO Conti 245/40/19R available for 3-5 days! With all the negative comments about the Conti sidewalls and a long trip to AZ coming up in a few months, I just said piss on it, rebooted with Michelin's. I would like to get $200-$300 for the 275/35/R19's. AND I was able to take my trip.

My other option is to store them and replace the Michelin's down the road. I have plenty of storage space in my garage, but don't know if this is a good idea if the tires don't hold up while stored for say 2-3 years. And of course, I would have to buy one more 245/40/R19.

I even flirted with buy a no-namer 245/40/R19 until I was able to get a Conti, but I would unable to find someone who would install one. Insurance liablity??? I don't know, but gave up on that idea. IF I hadn't had the trip, I probably would have just drove slowly around my home with my donut as a backup in case the damage tire went flat.

I have no problem with Conti's, but If the tire dealers won't stock them, I think the Genesis dealers should have a few available for situations like the one I had. I called and they said they didn't have one.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.