• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New Bluetooth firmware update!

klattr1

Hasn't posted much yet...
can anyone confirm if this is a legit TSB?

I called the dealer's service dep't and asked about the update and they didn't see it out there in the records. That may not mean anything but I want to make sure I'm not uploading a virus :)

prime first

Cool...where did you learn about this from?

Markb

I had version 1.01. I uploaded 1.02 yesterday, and it was a piece of cake. I called my wife from the car this morning and she said the sound was VERY MUCH better. No longer does it sound like one is in a cave...she said I sounded like I was in my office talking to her. Thanks for the info.

Giostar

Getting familiar with the group...
I got my Genesis about 2 months ago and I decided to check to see what firmware I had and it was already at 1.02. So I guess some of the Genesis' have the update already installed from the dealer.

PLO5

Las Vegas
I got my Genesis about 2 months ago and I decided to check to see what firmware I had and it was already at 1.02. So I guess some of the Genesis' have the update already installed from the dealer.
How did you go about checking your firmware? From the dealer or can you do something within the vehicle? Thanks

Giostar

Getting familiar with the group...
I did it within the vehicle.

All u have to do is turn off ur radio and hold down 1 & 6 (not at the sametime) push and hold down 1 first then do the same with 6 right away so there both pushed down at the sametime and hold them both down for a couple of seconds until it tells u what version u have.

Just watch the first part of the video starting from 2min in.

whaever

My car, 5/27/09 build date, has 1.04. My brother says the sound was exactly the same as me holding the cell phone up to my head.

whaever

in the driver side door jam. on the sticker/plate thing with the other stickers that have the tire pressures and stuff.

mercinary

When I tried to check the revision in my Coupe today, the button 1 & 6 trick didn't work. Anyone else had this problem?

-Merc

BigBaldEd

Everything works fine on the bluetooth except the microphone voice quality for outgoing calls...it is terrible...and most of the time the people I'm trying to have a conversation with ask me to call them back when I'm out of the car and not using Bluetooth...it will be great if there is a legit fix for the outgoing calls...today I downloaded the supposed fix...I found that I had 1.01 but when I tried to press "4" and go beyond that I was told there was a disc problem...so I still have the inexcusable poor system...my 2004 Prius has a great Bluetooth system...it puts the Genesis coupe system to shame...HELP!