• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New brakes

904red

Registered Member
Hey everybody owner of a 2012 rspec 5.0. Just found out i need new brakes and rotors with a 600+ estimate from my mechanic...is there a better price point? I believe that was for factory replacement an not a upgrade brake system. Any tips 600 sound right should i upgrade brakes thats not the brembro swap?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Big shot tazzo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
My suggestion , let the dealer do it .I have a 09' 4.6 needed front breaks and all I can say is I wish I had gone to the dealer from the start

excel777

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
It takes longer to jack up the car then to replace the pads. A very simple job if you don't get into replacing the lines and fluids.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hey everybody owner of a 2012 rspec 5.0. Just found out i need new brakes and rotors with a 600+ estimate from my mechanic...is there a better price point? I believe that was for factory replacement an not a upgrade brake system. Any tips 600 sound right should i upgrade brakes thats not the brembro swap?
The price seemsabout right if you are paying some else to do the work if they are using high quality replacement parts.
What brand of rotors and pads is your mechanic using?

excel777

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Here I go reaching out for help with my 2009 3.8 sedan with 155,000 miles. Last week on the Interstate while on cruise control, a loud squealing noise emitted in the car. ESC lite came on. I stopped, noise stopped, I attempted to get back on highway, but the front left brake was locked. I opened the hood to pull the ABS fuse, but couldn't find it. Back in the cab, I tried moving again and the brake was unlocked, but the petal went to the floor with little stopping power. I slowly drove home and googled the ESC lite. which was off by then. I then replaced the front brake hoses, The right one was clogged and I could not push a stiff 1/16 wire through it. Pedal still to the floor. Now dash lite says (check stop lamp fuse) and now engine won't turn over. I check petal brake stop switch. It's 100% dead? Maybe it hadn't been working before and I didn't know it. I replaced it and same dash lite (check stop lamp fuse). I now replace the master cylinder and power bleed all the lines. Now I have a hard petal, but the engine won't turn over or start. I then buy a used 2012 ABS unit and installed it with my tongue in cheek, more as a maybe fix, but I still have the same problem. I seen that there's a recall on the check stop lamp fuse. I called dealer and have to have the car towed to them. Car manual states that car can be started by holding switch for 10/15 seconds in Acc mode. That doesn't work. Any idea's would be appreciated. I know that the dealer is going to go for the wallet and the value of the car probably isn't worth putting big bucks in it. My next big question is, can the ABS be by-passed so that maybe the car will start and I can drive to the dealer for the recall, while I continue to find a solution or maybe the brake lite problem will fix the car start problem. I’ve got to think positive as I’m totally out of things to try. Thanks

Ruben07

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hello everyone! I may have to perform a brake job on my '15 3.8 soon. I'm just wondering which brake pads are the best on a general consensus. Please advise. Regards to everyone!

RemyBluePearl

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
I went with R1 Concept slotted rotors and ceramic brake pads. Added stainless steel
Brake lines, new fluid also powder coated calipers iced candy blue. Everyone should atleast drain and add new fluid to their brakes6F43251B-8CA6-4239-B3A9-095C7B6D6D79.jpegDCE89BD4-3E57-4AA5-973E-F24409F7C411.jpeg

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums