New Car Day!

pcz

Registered Member
Montreal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys!

Just brought my new G70 home (Montreal is under Covid code red and they couldn't bring me by truck)

As I told in a previous post, I was looking around to drop my wife's Mazda CX3. She didn't like it and I gave my Passat as a trade-in on a new RAV4. The car is really good for a compact, but it's a compact. I still had 10 months on my leasing but a friend told me there's a sweet spot between 12 and 6 months before the leasing is over where you can have a positive balance.

So I tried some fancier cars. I drove the Stinger, the A4 (they didn't have the S3 available) the AMG A35 and the G70. I also went to Acura to check their new TLX, but they arrived 2 hours before and the guys needed to clean the car and the Golf R but they didn't have any available

The "Genesis experience" got me. The manager arrived at my house, gave me the keys, let me drive for more than 40 minutes, didn't try to push any shady package, no extended bullcrap... Nothing! And in the end The price was the best of all. Even the Stinger was more expensive.

So I got the 3.3T Sport with winter tires on wheels (18") and tinted windows. $348 by-weekly, on a 60 month lease. No down payment, no trade in. And they gave me cad1500 back on my CX3 (The Kia guy wanted me to pay them 2k to take the car).

Since I went to the Hyundai dealership to pick up the car, the manager took me to me to the "exclusive" Genesis service guy on site, who explained to me how things work over there (which was nice since I questioned him during the test drive about the customer service issues) .

This is my first "pleasure" car. The others were always acquired with funcionality in mind. So, Yes... I'm very satisfied

It rained all day, so the pics are really crappy. I'll try to take better ones later this week, with Montreal's autumn colours on the background

120852230_1786419064854620_5412605231549540660_n.jpg 20201007_104930.jpg 20201007_182541.jpg 20201007_182513.jpg

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Greetings and welcome!! I heard the darndest thing about Canadians- heathens put gravy on fries!? That's how you know you're not in Kansas anymore 😁

(Funny sorta-related anecdote: I moved to Texas from Toronto in 1994, and on my first day at work at IBM, someone brought in these weird things called "breakfast tacos." I thought it was the most vile thing anyone could ever come up with. 25+ years later, I love them! Don't eat them often because they're fundamentally unhealthy, but they're delicious!)

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yep and sometimes melt cheese on them too!
You haven't lived until you've had a huge plate of fries with gravy and cheese at the food court at Eaton Centre. Now having said that, I still think Nathan's coney island fries with salt, vinegar, and catsup are superior.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Poulet St Hubert, for the win

You haven't lived until you've had a huge plate of fries with gravy and cheese at the food court at Eaton Centre. Now having said that, I still think Nathan's coney island fries with salt, vinegar, and catsup are superior.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

pcz

Registered Member
Montreal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Excellent color choice. Welcome to the group from Texas.

My first choice was Siberian Ice but it was too light in person. I was expecting a darker shade, like Audi's grey:
psryltpah8031.jpg

This blue is beautiful. My wife was pushing for the Himalayan grey, but she had to agree with me when we saw the car in person 😉

Last edited:

jbaubry

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Très belle! Superbes photos au circuit de F1! Vraiment cool.

Will be getting my Advanced 2.0T on the 23rd. I am in Laval. Really liked the buying experience, all done at home and with the Genesis web site. No pressure. My shopping was quite is simple. I am already an happy Hyundai owner, loved the look of the G70 and I was sold after a first drive. Didn't want to go German as the cost of service is too expensive and the Japanese offering looks pretty average in that price range. I bought mine and traded my Jeep for it, they gave me 5k$ more for it than what my Jeep dealer was offering.

Mine will be black as to get it blue, I needed to wait until January.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums