New emblems

Oldman-Gen1

Registered Member
Central Coast, Ca
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Has anybody here purchased the newer Genesis emblems/badges from the store associated with this website? I am interested in the steering wheel and trunk emblems, are they hard to put on? I'm guessing it's only adhesive that holds them on, any info would be great.

Thanks

Bill K

Registered Member
Chicagoland
There are videos on YouTube on how to install the trunk badge. The steering wheel badge is another story. It's not from Hyundai, and looks a little cheesy.

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
My current car (purchased used in '14) already had wings all around the exterior. Only thing left was the airbag which I bought from ebay for ~$250. Did the install myself.

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Has anybody here purchased the newer Genesis emblems/badges from the store associated with this website? I am interested in the steering wheel and trunk emblems, are they hard to put on? I'm guessing it's only adhesive that holds them on, any info would be great.

Thanks
Have no fear! I'll take good care of you. I ship orders immediately! :)

Yes Sal (who runs the site) sells them. Helps support the site and he's a really good guy :thumbsup:
Thank you very much for the kind words! I appreciate that! :)

There are videos on YouTube on how to install the trunk badge. The steering wheel badge is another story. It's not from Hyundai, and looks a little cheesy.
I have a new and MUCH improved version of the steering wheel emblems. I haven't even listed them on this site yet. However, they're available in my eBay store here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/113536511643

Oldman-Gen1

Registered Member
Central Coast, Ca
Genesis Model Type
Well, got around to installing my new trunk badge yesterday. I ordered mine from the shop associated with this website, along with the rigid collars (haven't installed those yet).

Install went pretty smooth, hardest part was getting all the adhesive tape off. Overall it took me around about an hour total. Funny thing is the badge I bought lined up perfectly with the holes on my trunk lid. Made install a breeze, since I didn't have to measure or line up anything.

I was expecting to have to cut off the posts and basically do what most others here on this site have done. My car is a 2013 3.8 model, I guess they may have changed the hole spacing?

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
Well, got around to installing my new trunk badge yesterday. I ordered mine from the shop associated with this website, along with the rigid collars (haven't installed those yet).

Install went pretty smooth, hardest part was getting all the adhesive tape off. Overall it took me around about an hour total. Funny thing is the badge I bought lined up perfectly with the holes on my trunk lid. Made install a breeze, since I didn't have to measure or line up anything.

I was expecting to have to cut off the posts and basically do what most others here on this site have done. My car is a 2013 3.8 model, I guess they may have changed the hole spacing?
Nah.. People that had to cut off the posts used the newer badges from the 2nd gen sedans which are a bit different in design OR.. they were installing trunk badges onto the hood lol

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.