New (for me) 2015 Tech 3.8!

RobotAIDS

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hey everyone, I just climbed aboard the genny train and so far, I am pleased. It has 33k on the clock, and everything seems fine this far (after 3 days, it had better be running fine).
My question for you guys: are there any issues I should be aware of? Helpful upgrades or modifications? I have noticed the sound system to be lacking some low range oomph, and throttle response isn't exactly bimmer grade (not that I expect it to be, but a guy can dream), but other than that, it seems pretty awesome.
Thanks!

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
Welcome! Sign up your car on myhyundai.com. They might have to unlink your VIN from your previous owner. Once that's done you can get some free features (for 3 months) that you'll enjoy, bluelink etc. You can also update your software for you head unit in your car so you can use Android Auto or CarPlay.
Read through/search some of the posts and you'll get more ideas, learn pluses (and minuses) for this great car.

RobotAIDS

Genesis Model Type
Welcome! Sign up your car on myhyundai.com. They might have to unlink your VIN from your previous owner. Once that's done you can get some free features (for 3 months) that you'll enjoy, bluelink etc. You can also update your software for you head unit in your car so you can use Android Auto or CarPlay.
Read through/search some of the posts and you'll get more ideas, learn pluses (and minuses) for this great car.
Thank you! I just realized a big minus today: how are there no usb or aux jacks in the center console? I am still scratching my head trying to figure it out.

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
There is a flat compartment right above the gear shift knob that slides open towards the front of the car

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.