• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New Genesis G80

KANE

Registered Member
When is the new generation G80 going to be launched?
Time for a G80 which can match the performance and handling of BMW 5 series with a better suspension and less weight and less body roll.

the.tru.albertan

Getting familiar with the group...
Red Deer, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Time for a G80 which can match the performance and handling of BMW 5 series with a better suspension and less weight and less body roll.
Last we heard, it was penciled in for debut in March, most likely in Korea. Pre-orders for NA would probably start a few days later if the release of the GV80 is anything to go by. NA spec would debut at an auto show here. Maybe New York.

elp_jc

El Paso, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm not interested in a new model, at least for the first 2 years nowadays. So a new model should mean discounted prices on current 2020s, no? That'd be my course of action.

dingyibvs

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yeah, couldn't care less about handling and body roll. I ain't no boy racer. I want something more like the E class than the 5 series. Massage seats, ambient lighting, soft, comfy suspension and so quiet I can hear a pin drop. That's the G80 I want, although I'll probably end up buying a CPO 2018 one since I just don't drive enough anymore after the move and the shorter commute that comes with it. Hard to justify getting a brand new car driving 5k miles a year, at least at this stage of my life anyway!

As for your question, the rumor is some time in the summer. It looks like it'll have enough changes that if I were to get a new car, I'd get that instead of a discounted 2020 model.

KANE

Registered Member
Yeah, couldn't care less about handling and body roll. I ain't no boy racer. I want something more like the E class than the 5 series. Massage seats, ambient lighting, soft, comfy suspension and so quiet I can hear a pin drop. That's the G80 I want, although I'll probably end up buying a CPO 2018 one since I just don't drive enough anymore after the move and the shorter commute that comes with it. Hard to justify getting a brand new car driving 5k miles a year, at least at this stage of my life anyway!

As for your question, the rumor is some time in the summer. It looks like it'll have enough changes that if I were to get a new car, I'd get that instead of a discounted 2020 model.
Looking forward to the new generation G80

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums