• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New Genesis Happenings...Supposedly

Ptcrusn

I talked with my Genesis rep just before the Chicago Car Show. He had just come from a meeting with some higher ups from Genesis. He told me that many things will happen starting with the Genesis Golf Tournament, which starts today (February 13th). He said we should start seeing a lot more commercials for the GV80. THEN, at some time associated with the tournament, the GV80 configurator will be released. He said it would be a separate pulldown page. Again, I don't know how accurate this is, but it's worth checking out.

Curt@MSN

Hopeless lover of enigmatic automobiles.
Madison, WI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I talked with my Genesis rep just before the Chicago Car Show. He had just come from a meeting with some higher ups from Genesis. He told me that many things will happen starting with the Genesis Golf Tournament, which starts today (February 13th). He said we should start seeing a lot more commercials for the GV80. THEN, at some time associated with the tournament, the GV80 configurator will be released. He said it would be a separate pulldown page. Again, I don't know how accurate this is, but it's worth checking out.
I assume you are talking about a regional sales rep (or whatever Genesis USA calls them) for Genesis and you work for a dealership? Just curious have you folks gotten a look at allocation numbers yet for your dealership and if you care to share :)

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Funny as they have a configurator of sorts already. Based on reading it, there seems to be confusion as some were told they won't offer soft close doors in the US and it's on the pulldown for Prestige. They need to figure out what the US will get and then get the site fixed quickly. Don't over promise and under deliver. I hate to say it and I want the info yesterday, but when you say you are offering things and then don't, folks walk away quickly. JMHO

I hope we are close to being able to order things.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Our dealership was allocated 6. We have $1k refundable deposits already on all 6 of those. They will be able to order them however they like. However, I guess there is some confusion with the configurator, so we haven't actually placed an order yet. Something about maybe the Premier Plus pkg, or something mid level comes with 3rd row, but whatever the highest trim level does not indicate that you can get it with third row. Something of that nature. We're waiting for clarification from Genesis. But, all 6 with deposits have been ordered with the 3.5t motor. Because of this, Genesis went ahead and gave us allocation for 2 more, but they have to be the 2.5L.

Curt@MSN

Hopeless lover of enigmatic automobiles.
Madison, WI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
......Because of this, Genesis went ahead and gave us allocation for 2 more, but they have to be the 2.5L.
Does that ever bring back memories of my days at a BMW dealer (a lifetime ago) Oh, you want more 535i's? You'll need to take these 528e's :) :) Thanks for the info - that's helpful!

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I won't be getting a small engine, lol. If I can't get the colors I want in the Prestige, I will be driving a GLE 450 or 63S this time next year, lol.

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Funny as I was looking too, lol. It's interesting that they haven't had the Super Bowl commercial running. I guess it's just too soon for them.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums