NEW GENESIS INTRODUCES REDESIGNED G90 FLAGSHIP SEDAN

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Seattle area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Seems like quite a few of these new features could be implemented with simple software, (firmware) changes. I hope they make them available for us poor 2018 owners.

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Deal breaker = would not consider buying the car. They resemble cheap aftermarket hubcaps.
Replacing the wheels not an option? Money talks, some of the things I've done for money.... like hanging on a pole for 4 hours during a snowstorm. Ah... the good ol days at Ma Bell.

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Deal breaker = would not consider buying the car. They resemble cheap aftermarket hubcaps.
The ‘20 G90 won’t even be sold here till the end of next summer. Who knows what wheels will be available then?!

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Too bad the front license plate will take away from the grill design.
I drive a 2016 Shelby GT350 and I refuse to put a front plate on it. Looking around, I tend to see that nice cars: BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Porsche, Corvettes.... very seldom are mounting their front plate. I've never been stopped for this issue.

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
I drive a 2016 Shelby GT350 and I refuse to put a front plate on it. Looking around, I tend to see that nice cars: BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Porsche, Corvettes.... very seldom are mounting their front plate. I've never been stopped for this issue.
I have a 2018 G90-no front plate, my grocery getter is a 2019 Hyundai Velositer Ultimate-no front plate. I also drive/tame a 427 Shelby Cobra - naturally no front plate. Never been stopped.
In fact I had an AMG SL 65 and was pulled over by a motorcycle policeman for passing a slow moving car not fast however. He walked around the car and came back to the drivers side and said "you know you don't have a front plate on the car " I said I can't see putting holes on the front bumper. He responded by saying " Neither could I" and let me go.😀

AVMIII

Registered Member
you will get stopped in NJ. I have friends that have. I didn't put a front plate on my jag for a few years, and realized that I was probably driving it less as I was paranoid about getting stopped. I found a plate attachment that is a single 1/8 hole on the underside of the bumper. Pretty minor mod to the car. Of course it doesn't look so hot, but I'm less paranoid..

mistersteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
FL
My G90 Ultimate is registered in FL (one plate) but I spend the summer in CT (2 plates). I remember years ago that CT heavily enforced having the 2 plates attached but these days 5-10% of the CT cars ignore that rule and don't even bother with the front plate. No wonder, considering that this dumb state has even removed all visible notice on the car that you even have a current valid registration (no plate or window stickers, etc - probably so they don't insult the people who don't care to pay for registration or insurance). It's a paper sheet only. Don't even start me on describing how insane going to a DMV office is -- it's reason alone to move to FL ;-)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.