New little bro coming??? A Genesis version of the Veloster??

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It's definitely going to be an EV concept. I'd bet it's more of a really small crossover like the Kona than a hatchback.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I drove a Veloster for about a week in 2017. Oh boy do I hope they DON'T make a Genesis version. That car is terrible. Poor visibility out the left side of the car because of an odd B pillar placement and the asymmetrical design just baffled the hell outta me. Why make a 4 door hatch with only 3 doors?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I drove a Veloster for about a week in 2017. Oh boy do I hope they DON'T make a Genesis version. That car is terrible. Poor visibility out the left side of the car because of an odd B pillar placement and the asymmetrical design just baffled the hell outta me. Why make a 4 door hatch with only 3 doors?
The Veloster N is a different beast!

jstein333

Baltimore, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No thanks, never been a fan of the Veloster, I know its quirkiness is part of its character but its just weird in my opinion, especially the whole 3 door things. I'd prefer a 2-door coupe, possibly even an M2 competitor, but honestly Genesis should probably make some SUVs just so we can grow in size and ownership before getting to the fast and fun cars that will sell in low numbers.

Chark

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I received an email invite to watch a live stream event of the unveiling on the 16th at 4pm Eastern time.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Well that live stream was a waste of time lol. I'll withhold judgement on the concept until we get more information, but I was hoping for a more emotional car like the Essentia than a practical car like a small city driver since Genesis is a fledgling brand. Hopefully it'll have cool technology.