New Mapnsoft v15.5 releasing November 15, 2021

00thvs

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Seems it's coming but a bit later. No October release.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211003-090836_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211003-090836_Samsung Internet.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 34

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
And g*d, pleeze kill the nasty current radio tube GUI design and send it straight to hello.

00thvs

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
And g*d, pleeze kill the nasty current radio tube GUI design and send it straight to hello.
Lmaoo agreed. I hope they get rid of that asap. I want a nice sleek modern GUI

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
What’s wrong with the current GUI?

Navigation:

There is no high contrast color setting. Older eyes need greater differentiation of colors. Therefore, at least one of the settings offered needs to be high contrast.

Radio:

The channel number is displayed in unnecessarily huge type size, but the song info text is much too tiny.

Also, the preset buttons are too tiny making them very difficult to touch when the vehicle is moving. This is especially challenging for a front seat passenger to use.

What do you hate about the current GUI?

Last edited:

00thvs

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What’s wrong with the current GUI?

Navigation:

There is no high contrast color setting. Older eyes need greater differentiation of colors. Therefore, at least one of the settings offered needs to be high contrast.

Radio:

The channel number is displayed in unnecessarily huge type size, but the song info text is much too tiny.

Also, the preset buttons are too tiny making them very difficult to touch when the vehicle is moving. This is especially challenging for a front seat passenger to use.

What do you hate about the current GUI?
Don't personally like the look of the radio tubes. Would rather a modern looking theme. And also to please make it different from Hyundai. They're trying to stand apart but yet offer identical interfaces with just color tone differences.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Don't personally like the look of the radio tubes. Would rather a modern looking theme. And also to please make it different from Hyundai. They're trying to stand apart but yet offer identical interfaces with just color tone differences.
It is modern. Nixie tubes, it seems, have become popular in recent years. If you Google nixie tube watches you will see them from $200 to $500. See, now you are a cool guy having your radio like that.

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'll wait for the bleeding edge pioneers to upgrade first.

00thvs

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It is modern. Nixie tubes, it seems, have become popular in recent years. If you Google nixie tube watches you will see them from $200 to $500. See, now you are a cool guy having your radio like that.
No.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't mind the nixie tube look either... When Genesis did that major update to the UI, I was happy. Overall it looks really good compared to what the car originally came with but I do agree more separation from Hyundai would be good!

00thvs

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think the widescreen version doesn't have the nixie tubes and looks a lot more sleek and modern... I wish we had that UI also

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
The basic problem I have with the tubes GUI is that the large size of the tubes overpower the screen area. Who needs to see channel
69 in huge text when the tune information text is so tiny, as are the channel buttons? Come on, Hyundai/Genesis, get your font size priorities straightened out. Give us readability!

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

00thvs

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
UPDATE: The new 15.5 is coming earlier: November 1st.

jetrep

Registered Member
Southern NV
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I agree 100% with ditching the nixie tubes. They make no sense to me in a modern car. Having said that I'll be shocked if they go away as I believe they've gone all in with them on kia/hyundai/genesis. The best we can hope for is multiple skins/themes to choose from. That'd be awesome.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I can't comment on the Nixie tubes as I never upgraded to that when I found out that you lose the ability to sort your preset stations (which seems incomprehensibly short-sighted). Hopefully they correct that, and keep the tubes as it sounds kinda cool. I'm just happy it's free; I just got an email from Ford about fixing the broken Sync on my 2018 Expedition and they want $199 for 5 years of downloads.