• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

New Mapnsoft v15.5 releasing November 15, 2021

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Can anyone else confirm this? When I first bought the car, I could drive 1/2 hour and go back to the first XM song I listened to.
I have the latest update installed and I can go back to replay the current song, haven't tried to go any further than that.

SweetG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am having similar difficulty, but it did not start after the November update. It happened sometime in end of December where I can no longer record any channel and play back. Anyone know a fix for this? Thank you

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I am having similar difficulty, but it did not start after the November update. It happened sometime in end of December where I can no longer record any channel and play back. Anyone know a fix for this? Thank you
I think you'll find nobody can record Sirius/XM Channels, that function isn't enabled.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
On older software versions the first 10 saved presets saved.
I read that in a later update, only the first six XM presets would be auto-recorded, but I don't recall for how long they are recorded.

I will have to test this out and report back. I am one revision back on a '19 G80 8" screen.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Could be 6 now. I haven't had satellite radio in years so I only play with it in the loaner cars and who knows what version of the SW they are running

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
After having the car on about 6 minutes, I was able to go back three songs on my recorded XM stations. The display indicated that of my eight XM preset stations, 5 were recording. When I touched one of the last three that were not recording, I noticed there was a red star on the screen. I touched the red star and the channel was deselected as a preset. But what's interesting is that when I tuned back to that channel and touched the star to make it a preset, it began recording as well. I tried it again on another channel that wasn't recording and it began recording too. I ended up with eight channels recording. See screens below.

So maybe we need to deselect and then reselect to make them record?

I'm doing my radio update now to the latest version.

20220115_145244.jpg
20220115_145251.jpg

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just applied the most recent update and it only took 23 minutes. I was only one rev behind, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

There are some subtle changes but I haven't looked at it too close. I may be crazy, but I thought for destinations when you press the navi button. Now there are only five! Home, Work, and three more. Why would they take one away?

SweetG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
After having the car on about 6 minutes, I was able to go back three songs on my recorded XM stations. The display indicated that of my eight XM preset stations, 5 were recording. When I touched one of the last three that were not recording, I noticed there was a red star on the screen. I touched the red star and the channel was deselected as a preset. But what's interesting is that when I tuned back to that channel and touched the star to make it a preset, it began recording as well. I tried it again on another channel that wasn't recording and it began recording too. I ended up with eight channels recording. See screens below.

So maybe we need to deselect and then reselect to make them record?

I'm doing my radio update now to the latest version.

View attachment 42746
View attachment 42747
Thank you! You fixed my problem. I was no longer seeing any recording channels. Based on your info, I deselect and reselected each one I wanted to record, and they are all working again! I appreciate the help

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thank you! You fixed my problem. I was no longer seeing any recording channels. Based on your info, I deselect and reselected each one I wanted to record, and they are all working again! I appreciate the help
Thanks for bringing the problem up, it brought research which fixed a problem I didn't realize I had!

Now all my XM channels are recording, and apparently I can go back pretty far. Drove for 34 minutes today and could go back to the beginning of that, on all channels.