• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New OEM winter wheel option

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I want to buy some winter wheels/tires before the end of the month and haven't had much luck finding anything that will definitely clear the brembo brakes on the 3.3T sport so I thought I would take another look at the ones Genesis sells as I didn't really like them the first time I looked at them. Anyway, they now have a second option:

Winter wheel option.JPG
Hard to tell from the picture, but I think I like it more than the top option. Looks like they are available in either 17" or 18" and it mentions the 18" specifically being for the Sport/Dynamic models.

If anyone has purchased these yet, an actual picture a little larger than above would be great. :)

@GenesisYEG - do you guys have these on display at the store yet? If I can see these I will buy them asap. Maybe they can toss them in the back of the car after the service next week. (y)

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ i went with the F212 Switch in titanium finish. these are made by Fast Wheels and are available in a variety of finishes. like i said, i chose Titanium for a bit of contrast from the dark 5-spoke Sport rims on the PS4 summer rubber. no pics yet, still waiting delivery but not in a rush anyhow.

https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=switch&fn=titanium&lang=en-US

Fast Wheels Switch Titanium 18x8, 5/114.3 (Offset 45) Wheel | 1010Tires.com Online Wheel and Tire Store

and they are a square setup, 18x8 with 225/45 rubber iirc.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well I like them a bit less knowing they aren't OEM... any chance they come with Genesis center caps?

Those pics are much better though, thanks. If I order them I will just get the wheels as I am going with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9's. Already have them set aside at KalTire.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ huh? None of them are OEM. Like most other OEMs, Genesis sources all its rims from suppliers, and these are no different. They are Genesis approved, come with warranty/caps/TPMS, and are built by an established manufacturer. Good enough for me.

TOGuy242

Registered Member
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I want to buy some winter wheels/tires before the end of the month and haven't had much luck finding anything that will definitely clear the brembo brakes on the 3.3T sport so I thought I would take another look at the ones Genesis sells as I didn't really like them the first time I looked at them. Anyway, they now have a second option:

View attachment 15300
Hard to tell from the picture, but I think I like it more than the top option. Looks like they are available in either 17" or 18" and it mentions the 18" specifically being for the Sport/Dynamic models.

If anyone has purchased these yet, an actual picture a little larger than above would be great. :)

@GenesisYEG - do you guys have these on display at the store yet? If I can see these I will buy them asap. Maybe they can toss them in the back of the car after the service next week. (y)
I got the silver and like them! Here's a pic of them in front of my summer set ...

Attachments

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

mbreckon

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does any one know if those prices are for both 17" and 18" options, or what the price difference is. Same with the tires they have listed, and what sizes the tires are?

SET OF FOUR MICHELIN X-ICE XI3
The Michelin X-ICE Xi3 tire provides ultimate winter confidence over many kilometres, enabling you and your loved ones to fully embrace winter even in the harshest conditions. Tire packages include mounting and balancing.
$1,099.00

SET OF FOUR PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3
The directional double arrows pattern design offers higher traction in snowy conditions; wider grooves for excellent wet handling and braking performance. 3D sipe technology; improved handling in dry road condition, reducing the braking distance. Functionalized compound; high grip all winter weather condition. Tire packages include mounting and balancing.
$1,359.00

SET OF FOUR CONTINENTAL WINTERCONTACT SI
Continental introduces the all new WinterContact SI with PolarPlus+ Technology for ultimate grip in snow, ice & wet conditions. The Continental WinterContact SI offers Traction Grooves that provides added grip to snowand reduced stopping distance due to PolarPlus Technology.
$989.00

Thanks,

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

WhoIsHomer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Edmonton
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I ordered the second ones. I've booked my first maintenance for Oct 15 and will have them installed at that time. I'll post a pic once I have them

cza11

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I ordered the second ones. I've booked my first maintenance for Oct 15 and will have them installed at that time. I'll post a pic once I have them
Did you order them through your Hyundai parts department or through the Genesis Rep you purchased the car from?

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ I got mine through the GXM. They’ll deliver them to my home when the set is ready.

And the price online was what i paid for the larger 18” wheel and tire combo. No indication that the 17” package was a different price. I agree this is unusual, but so is the whole Genesis sales model.

Based on my research, the Genesis price was actually competitive with other suppliers. Once you include centre caps, TPMS, mounting, balancing, etc, Genesis’ cost comes very close to the best price i could find. This is why i just went for the OE approved set - a bit of a no brainer.

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ i got the Conti’s. I’ve always been impressed with Conti’s over the years, and they are factory fit tires on many sports-oriented makes. The reviews are very positive even though it is a newer model than the XI3 or the Pirelli. Also, when i priced tires out from other suppliers the Conti’s were by far the best deal on Genesis’ website.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ huh? None of them are OEM. Like most other OEMs, Genesis sources all its rims from suppliers, and these are no different. They are Genesis approved, come with warranty/caps/TPMS, and are built by an established manufacturer. Good enough for me.
I have been driving BMW's for over 10 years so I am really used to having a ton of actual OEM options from the dealership when it comes to wheels. And for winter wheels I have found that OEM's typically deal with the sand and salt much better than aftermarket manufacturers.

Since that isn't an option I will likely just get one of the sets from Genesis. I am waiting for an email confirming pricing and I will likely drive over to the store to look at them before deciding. I have a set of Nokian Hakka 9's on hold at Kal Tire that I will be mounting them to however.

My first service is Wednesday so had I been on the ball they could have just put the wheels in the car, but obviously I am not...

@TOGuy242 are those center caps a darker finish than the wheel? Seems odd to me it wouldn't match.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
just to follow up, i checked the website for pricing info. if you select a Sport trim that comes with 19" rims, the winter packages price for the 18" setup. if you select a non-sport trim that comes with 18" rims, the winter packages price for the 17" setup. so, pricing is adjusted automatically to suit whichever trim you've selected.

as an example, the F212 Switch wheels are $1089 if you've selected a Sport with 19" summer rims OR $969 if you've selected a non-sport with 18" summer rims. The Conti SI tires are $989 for the 18" winter setup OR $919 for the 17" winter setup.

Friday

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just want to say. I'm not sure if everyone knows but the Sottozero 3 is in a different class of tire compared to the XI3 and WinterContact Si. The Sotterzero 3 is high performance winter tire and the other two are just regular winters.

I have had the Sotterzero 3s in my old car and they will feel very sporty in the dry with high levels of grip.

I also have the WinterContact Sis on my wife's SUV and you can tell it's a winter tire. It doesn't even handle as well as the factory stock Michelin Latitude Tours which is not at all a sport performance tire.

TOGuy242

Registered Member
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just want to say. I'm not sure if everyone knows but the Sottozero 3 is in a different class of tire compared to the XI3 and WinterContact Si. The Sotterzero 3 is high performance winter tire and the other two are just regular winters.

I have had the Sotterzero 3s in my old car and they will feel very sporty in the dry with high levels of grip.

I also have the WinterContact Sis on my wife's SUV and you can tell it's a winter tire. It doesn't even handle as well as the factory stock Michelin Latitude Tours which is not at all a sport performance tire.
I went with the Sottozeros for this reason - I figure I have the winter set in for at least 5 months of the year, for the relatively minor price difference I’d rather have the performance oriented winter tire.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums