• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New OEM winter wheel option

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you buy a set of winter tires through your Genesis dealer is the changeover part of your complimentary maintenance?
I think that is a good question. If they inspect your brakes and rotate your tires (obviously they can't rotate the staggered guys) then there should be no reason they wouldn't change over to winters if they are on different wheels.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ ah, i see. agreed. this is the case with my wife's Highlander. the oil change service includes tire rotation, so i just get them to put the winter tire/wheel set on instead of rotating the A/S tires. no issues.

i imagine that if tire rotation is included with the G70 free maintenance this would also be an option. the trick would be timing of the free service if it made sense to do the changeover. i.e. if the time or mileage trigger in not at an ideal time of year for the swap.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
some news from the Genesis winter tire/wheel document:

ALL PACKAGES INCLUDE 4 WHEELS, NUTS, THIN WALL SOCKET, TPMS SENSORS AND CENTER CAPS. WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES ALSO INCLUDE MOUNTING, BALANCING AND ARE NITROGEN FILLED.

TOGuy242

Registered Member
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ ah, i see. agreed. this is the case with my wife's Highlander. the oil change service includes tire rotation, so i just get them to put the winter tire/wheel set on instead of rotating the A/S tires. no issues.

i imagine that if tire rotation is included with the G70 free maintenance this would also be an option. the trick would be timing of the free service if it made sense to do the changeover. i.e. if the time or mileage trigger in not at an ideal time of year for the swap.
Similar situation and concern on my end. This is what I sent to the Hyundai service manager who had contacted me;

"I have the maintenance schedule, thanks. I do a service on my cars twice a year – once in the fall, once in the spring. Typically the fall is just an oil change and swap the wheels, the spring is a full service, with oil of course, and again swapping out the wheels. I know this is in excess of the Genesis recommended schedule, and I bear the cost of the excess.

I’m never going to be hitting the kms as part of the Genesis service program. I see we have a couple options, let me know which works best for you;
  1. I bring the car to you this fall to do my regular oil change and wheel swap - paid by me of course. In the spring we do the full, regular, complimentary service – plus I pay to have my summer wheels installed. Yes it will be a few months earlier than what technically would be the “1 year / 10K” mark. We then follow this schedule (fall on me, spring on you other than wheels) for the remainder of the 5 year period.
  1. I bring the car to my local shop in the fall to do the wheel swap and oil change, and I do the same in the spring. Come July 19th you can do the full, regular, complimentary service. Again we then follow this schedule for the remainder of the 5 year period.
Obviously my preference would be option 1 – less time and less costly for me – and at the end of the day the same number of total complimentary services for Genesis."

I thought I was fairly polite and reasonable, but I never got a response. Getting close to when I'm going to need to put on my winter wheels, I guess I'll take the lack of answer that she's electing to go with Option 2. I am going to have REALLY clean oil in my car!! :rolleyes:

svirdi

Registered Member
Edmonton, AB
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Similar situation and concern on my end. This is what I sent to the Hyundai service manager who had contacted me;

"I have the maintenance schedule, thanks. I do a service on my cars twice a year – once in the fall, once in the spring. Typically the fall is just an oil change and swap the wheels, the spring is a full service, with oil of course, and again swapping out the wheels. I know this is in excess of the Genesis recommended schedule, and I bear the cost of the excess.

I’m never going to be hitting the kms as part of the Genesis service program. I see we have a couple options, let me know which works best for you;
  1. I bring the car to you this fall to do my regular oil change and wheel swap - paid by me of course. In the spring we do the full, regular, complimentary service – plus I pay to have my summer wheels installed. Yes it will be a few months earlier than what technically would be the “1 year / 10K” mark. We then follow this schedule (fall on me, spring on you other than wheels) for the remainder of the 5 year period.

1. I bring the car to my local shop in the fall to do the wheel swap and oil change, and I do the same in the spring. Come July 19th you can do the full, regular, complimentary service. Again we then follow this schedule for the remainder of the 5 year period.
Obviously my preference would be option 1 – less time and less costly for me – and at the end of the day the same number of total complimentary services for Genesis."

I thought I was fairly polite and reasonable, but I never got a response. Getting close to when I'm going to need to put on my winter wheels, I guess I'll take the lack of answer that she's electing to go with Option 2. I am going to have REALLY clean oil in my car!! :rolleyes:
That doesn't sound good as Genesis is an upcoming brand and I have heard it a lot of times that they differentiate themselves from BMW by providing these complimentary pick ups and drop offs. They should really stand by that as well and be there for there customer especially now when the customer base is low so they shouldn't be slacking no matter what.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I decided they would be too much work to keep clean in the winter so I went with the 5 spoke ones. Should have them on the car by next week. The F212's in black would look better though imo.

svirdi

Registered Member
Edmonton, AB
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the reply. I am getting my Genesis today, its blacks so I thought black would look better.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I personally agree. I think black would look better on my dark grey as well but like I said I am lazy and went with the wheels that were easier to keep clean. lol

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How long did it take to get those? I literally just got a text saying my wheels won't be in until Oct 26 which is way too late imo.

BTW they look really good.(y)

WhoIsHomer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Edmonton
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How long did it take to get those? I literally just got a text saying my wheels won't be in until Oct 26 which is way too late imo.

BTW they look really good.(y)
I messaged Hyundai about a month ago to order them. I had it in my head that service was every 6 months for some reason so I had booked it in for the oct 15. 26th might not be to late if this weather keeps up

NLJ

Registered Member
Vancouver
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Does anyone know if the Offset or Bore is different if using the 17" Switch wheels on the Prestige as opposed to the 18"?
I can only find the 18" specs listed for the G70 on the Fast website!

savemoresaveoften

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does anyone know if the Offset or Bore is different if using the 17" Switch wheels on the Prestige as opposed to the 18"?
I can only find the 18" specs listed for the G70 on the Fast website!
Make sure the 17" clears your caliper esp if the Genesis website spec 18" for your car. Only the 18" clears the Brembos.

NLJ

Registered Member
Vancouver
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Make sure the 17" clears your caliper esp if the Genesis website spec 18" for your car. Only the 18" clears the Brembos.
YEah the Prestige in Canada does not have Brembo. Only the RWD Sport and 3.3T trims come with it.
The Prestige is specced with 19" staggered wheels. But in the winter wheels package, it is specced with 17"x7.5" and nothing for bore or offset.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums