• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New OEM winter wheel option

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
a quick update: i received a call from my local dealer and they asked when they can pick up the car for the complimentary wheel swap over. this is for the winter set. they would then drop the car back off with the summer set all bagged up - but no on-site tire storage. i asked if the wheel swap was included as a free service and was told "Yes, every regular maintenance or service in the first 5 years is included - this goes for regular wheel/tire changeovers as well". i'll assume this counts only for the OEM Genesis Approved wheel sets. but i was surprised nonetheless that this was included as a stand alone service offering.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I hate to say it, but they're mistaken. Wheel changes are not part of the regular scheduled maintenance. If they want to do it during the regular inspection/tire rotation or offer it as a complimentary service it's their call, but that's not on the list from Genesis Canada.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I hate to say it, but they're mistaken. Wheel changes are not part of the regular scheduled maintenance. If they want to do it during the regular inspection/tire rotation or offer it as a complimentary service it's their call, but that's not on the list from Genesis Canada.
^ that makes sense to me, so i suppose the local dealer is going above and beyond compensated minimums at their own expense in an effort to bolster the Genesis experience.

svirdi

Registered Member
Edmonton, AB
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like the one you ordered...more unique...looks sportier. BUT...hell of a lot harder to keep clean than the first link !!!

But yours is cheaper too :)

NLJ

Registered Member
Vancouver
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Guys can someone give me a definitive answer about rim sizes?
My Prestige will be here soon and I'm wondering what the specs for the potential winter rims are if I decide to go aftermarket.
So far from what I gather, the Bore for all the Genesis models are 67.1 right?
If I were to get 17x7.5 rims, what offset do I need?
And what if I go for 18x8? Would the offset be the same as the 17x7.5 rims?
Thanks in advance!

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Guys can someone give me a definitive answer about rim sizes?
My Prestige will be here soon and I'm wondering what the specs for the potential winter rims are if I decide to go aftermarket.
So far from what I gather, the Bore for all the Genesis models are 67.1 right?
If I were to get 17x7.5 rims, what offset do I need?
And what if I go for 18x8? Would the offset be the same as the 17x7.5 rims?
Thanks in advance!
Offset for 18" is +35.

Jmar

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I want to buy some winter wheels/tires before the end of the month and haven't had much luck finding anything that will definitely clear the brembo brakes on the 3.3T sport so I thought I would take another look at the ones Genesis sells as I didn't really like them the first time I looked at them. Anyway, they now have a second option:

View attachment 15300
Hard to tell from the picture, but I think I like it more than the top option. Looks like they are available in either 17" or 18" and it mentions the 18" specifically being for the Sport/Dynamic models.

If anyone has purchased these yet, an actual picture a little larger than above would be great

. :)

@GenesisYEG - do you guys have these on display at the store yet? If I can see these I will buy them asap. Maybe they can toss them in the back of the car after the service next week. (y)
Go to fastwheels.ca where they sell them. I also took these pics EA906694-F1D1-46FD-A866-7FC82F0C8D27.jpegE3CEF81F-50EE-4CD7-AFC0-C077363BCFAB.jpeg at the dealer. Second rim also available. EA906694-F1D1-46FD-A866-7FC82F0C8D27.jpeg

savemoresaveoften

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got the Fast wheel Switch and tires from tire shop. Saves about $300 total compared to dealer (obv no genesis center cap, but includes TPMS hardware and programming etc).
The Fast wheel bolt space is tight so installer used a slimmer set of bolts to prevent scratch to rim. The stock bolts will fit but you have to be extremely careful as the room is very tight.

Got the Conti wintercontact SI and actually they ride quite well and very quiet. No snow yet in TO so cant comment how it will perform in the winter.

savemoresaveoften

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thank you. Any idea about the 17".
Also is the center bore the same for front and rear at 67.1mm?
Given 18" are 8" and the 17" are 7"width, the offset sb different. Bore size should be the same tho.
You can just call or email your local genesis service dept and they will be able to give you the correct specs. Thats what I did before I purchased my 18"s

NLJ

Registered Member
Vancouver
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Got the Fast wheel Switch and tires from tire shop. Saves about $300 total compared to dealer (obv no genesis center cap, but includes TPMS hardware and programming etc).
The Fast wheel bolt space is tight so installer used a slimmer set of bolts to prevent scratch to rim. The stock bolts will fit but you have to be extremely careful as the room is very tight.

Got the Conti wintercontact SI and actually they ride quite well and very quiet. No snow yet in TO so cant comment how it will perform in the winter.
Hey can you tell me where you got your set from. I live in Guelph so GTA is not too much of a hassle for me to save some money!

savemoresaveoften

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey can you tell me where you got your set from. I live in Guelph so GTA is not too much of a hassle for me to save some money!
Got my set from Tire4U in Markham. Tires stores are pretty competitive these days so you may be able to find a shop closer to you offering similar pricing.

NLJ

Registered Member
Vancouver
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Got my set from Tire4U in Markham. Tires stores are pretty competitive these days so you may be able to find a shop closer to you offering similar pricing.
The ones close to me aren't. The ones in GTA are pretty good.
I get my car next week. It's the Prestige with the staggered 19" stock but I want 17" wheels unless I can get a good deal on 18" set.

Jmar

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m leasing the 3.3 sport. I’m thinking about getting only winter tires and not rims. Genesis will be storing and flipping the tires. Why should I bother getting another set of alloys when the OEM alloys are so nice and I’m not owning the car? Thoughts? Please and thank you.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums