• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New OEM winter wheel option

savemoresaveoften

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The ones close to me aren't. The ones in GTA are pretty good.
I get my car next week. It's the Prestige with the staggered 19" stock but I want 17" wheels unless I can get a good deal on 18" set.
There are also online stores like pmctires and 1010tires etc that will mount the tires on the wheels and ship for free.

savemoresaveoften

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m leasing the 3.3 sport. I’m thinking about getting only winter tires and not rims. Genesis will be storing and flipping the tires. Why should I bother getting another set of alloys when the OEM alloys are so nice and I’m not owning the car? Thoughts? Please and thank you.
If you plan to return the car at end of lease then yes no point getting separate rims. 18" are about $200 each so instead of spending $800 on separates rim, swapping twice a year at indies will be about $80 each time, so $160 a year. Only downside for swapping is the repeat prying on the side walls of the tires every time its swapped.

I keep my car for 5+ years so separate rims makes more sense in my case.

svirdi

Registered Member
Edmonton, AB
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m leasing the 3.3 sport. I’m thinking about getting only winter tires and not rims. Genesis will be storing and flipping the tires. Why should I bother getting another set of alloys when the OEM alloys are so nice and I’m not owning the car? Thoughts? Please and thank you.
I was going to do the same thing, but when i priced out the 19s for winter, it didn't make sense to get them, they were still cheaper than the set but getting 18's would mean it'll be a smoother ride in winter as it has more sidewall.
Still your call

Jmar

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was going to do the same thing, but when i priced out the 19s for winter, it didn't make sense to get them, they were still cheaper than the set but getting 18's would mean it'll be a smoother ride in winter as it has more sidewall.
Still your call
The 19 inch staggered tires cost less than the 18 inch non-staggered tires. Question is will peeling the tires on an off put excess wear on the tires/ rims?

Jmar

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The 19 inch staggered tires cost less than the 18 inch non-staggered tires. Question is will peeling the tires on an off put excess wear on the tires/ rims?
I mean that the 19 inch tires alone cost less than the 18s and rims.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also consider the cost of changing over every spring and fall. If you have separate wheels/tires, you can easily do it yourself for free vs paying ~$60-80 for mounting and balancing twice a year. That can add up too.

savemoresaveoften

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Increase risk of sidewall and rim damage, depends on how well the tire shop does the job. Personally not fan of repeat mounting and dismounting the tires. Increase risk of sidewall leak too I believe. 18" rims set such as the one for Genesis is about $800+tax. But if you opt for a short lease like 2 years, swapping tires only makes more sense financially.

Last edited:

svirdi

Registered Member
Edmonton, AB
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I work at a dealership, and I get tires at a very good price, the cheapest staggered 19's I found were Toyo's and they were about 1300$ I believe.
At that point, I rather spend an extra couple of hundred dollars and get 18's set.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums