New Owner 2015 Equus Signature

pgsilva

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Hi All,

Just bought a used 2015 Equus Signature yesterday, taking delivery in a week. I'm excited about this purchase. I'm coming off a 2006 Dodge Charger with the Hemi, so QUITE the difference!

Anyway, looking forward to reading everyone's experiences with this vehicle.

Jerry.

dubbsix

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Hi All,

Just bought a used 2015 Equus Signature yesterday, taking delivery in a week. I'm excited about this purchase. I'm coming off a 2006 Dodge Charger with the Hemi, so QUITE the difference!

Anyway, looking forward to reading everyone's experiences with this vehicle.

Jerry.
I made the switch from an FCA product as well. Generally I think the car is amazing with outstanding power and refinement. My personal experience has been hampered by a weird vibration at idle in drive or reverse. I would like to hear your impression of it when you receive yours. Thanks and good luck with your new ride!

pgsilva

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I made the switch from an FCA product as well. Generally I think the car is amazing with outstanding power and refinement. My personal experience has been hampered by a weird vibration at idle in drive or reverse. I would like to hear your impression of it when you receive yours. Thanks and good luck with your new ride!
Interesting. I didn’t experience that when I test drove it. But I’ll keep an eye out!

What I did notice was when I hit the button to lower the car, (“normal” mode?), the car would lower but then pop right back up. Or so it seemed. We were sitting parked, and I don’t remember if the car was running, so I don’t know what the normal behavior is for the air suspension when you hit the switch.

Last edited:

FloridaGuy

Registered Member
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
The raising and lowering is not done all at once, so you will do a little "wave-thing" as the mode is changed. You probably would not notice while in motion, but when parked it is a fun thing.

"Whenever the level is changed, there is a time delay between front and rear wheel for safety. For lift, rear side will be advanced and front side will be lifted later on. For lowering, it is opposite."

pgsilva

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Interesting. But I seemed to sense that the car lowered and then rose up again. Like it didn’t want to stay in normal mode. But I could be wrong. I take delivery on the 6th so we’ll see!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.