New presets for remote start

Vermillion3

Been here awhile....
KY, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Looks like the remote start App received an update with 3 preset choices that allow you to set temp,defroster on/off ,seat warmer or cooler (I’m guessing) and mirror defroster. Only problem is when I go to change the settings all I get is time and temp or defroster....I have a 2018 G80 Ultimate with all these options and the latest mapnsoft Head unit update. I sure hope these options are not just for new 2021 rides. Anyone else have any luck getting the presets changed and selected?

Attachments

• FFFFC47A-63BD-4BA6-93DF-540C837EF244.jpeg
    FFFFC47A-63BD-4BA6-93DF-540C837EF244.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 51

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Looks like the remote start App received an update with 3 preset choices that allow you to set temp,defroster on/off ,seat warmer or cooler (I’m guessing) and mirror defroster. Only problem is when I go to change the settings all I get is time and temp or defroster....I have a 2018 G80 Ultimate with all these options and the latest mapnsoft Head unit update. I sure hope these options are not just for new 2021 rides. Anyone else have any luck getting the presets changed and selected?
Same here. Just a guess, our cars may not have the proper relays/switches/software to control the other functions. Would be nice though, maybe it needs an update in the car.

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interesting that it shows the seat heater but that is not possible 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200528-223656_Genesis.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-223656_Genesis.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 23

Kurmudjon

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have the same setup but unable to change summer and winter temps on mine so far. Maybe a work in progress i thinking.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I see the additional options but they don't appear on the Setting pages of my Android phone.

Vermillion3

Been here awhile....
KY, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It’s not possible why? We all have this option or are you just saying it’s not allowing you to change it like everyone else?

I’m tempted to call Genesis but unfortunately most calls to them for info is like asking the salesperson at bestbuy about a TV set, they just read the same information that’s available to everyone already. ZERO product knowledge

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It’s not possible why? We all have this option or are you just saying it’s not allowing you to change it like everyone else?
Who is "we all" and "everyone else"? What year is your G80? I can't turn on the seats of my 2018.

Vermillion3

Been here awhile....
KY, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Who is "we all" and "everyone else"? What year is your G80? I can't turn on the seats of my 2018.
I assumed that the heated seat feature is on all Genesis cars that was my meaning of “we all” if I am wrong and not all Genesis models offer heated seats, I apologize for my assumption. My Genesis is 2018 G80 Ultimate, I am curious if any Genesis owner has been able to utilize this remote activation function to its fullest potential, so far no one has.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I assumed that the heated seat feature is on all Genesis cars that was my meaning of “we all” if I am wrong and not all Genesis models offer heated seats, I apologize for my assumption. My Genesis is 2018 G80 Ultimate, I am curious if any Genesis owner has been able to utilize this remote activation function to its fullest potential, so far no one has.
Your post was a bit confusing. We all have heated seats, standard, not an option. I thought you were able to activate them from the remote. No, no one has yet.

I wonder if it has whatever is needed in the car or if this is for future models.

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My seats heat up immediately; I don't see any need for a remote function.

conanbarb

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Here's a link to a YouTube video that shows the heated/cooling seat options on the app.

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
How cold does it get where you are? At 5 below it can be nice to have them on.
I'm about 45 miles further north than you.
Butt (!) at 5 below, I think I'd have enough clothes on that a cold seat would heat up before I felt the cold. Immediate is pretty darned quick.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm about 45 miles further north than you.
Butt (!) at 5 below, I think I'd have enough clothes on that a cold seat would heat up before I felt the cold. Immediate is pretty darned quick.
I've not used the seat heating since moving here. As for butt coverage, only difference is now I wear shorts but essentially that same amount of material over the cheeks as in CT. Heavy jacket too.

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Seat warmer is terrific for sore backs (some of us have not aged as well as others)!

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Here's a link to a YouTube video that shows the heated/cooling seat options on the app.

Interesting... that shows it on the G90 - well, it's a G90 in the last part of the video. But the title of the video shows G70, 80, and 90.

G-310132

I opened a case with genesis who referred it to engineering. While this should be standard with remote start with temp below 40 degrees to turn on the heated seats with front and rear defroster side mirrors and heated steering wheel it doesn't and is not capable today. I agree it would be nice to have everyone else has the feature withbremote start and if indeed it silly that they did not include it to begin with.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums