New presets for remote start

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
IIRC, the heated/cooled seat status isn't displayed in the Climate screen either. This leads me to believe that that the heated/cooled seats may use a standalone controller with no connection to the rest of the car's systems. If this is the case, there would be no way to control them from the app. As mentioned above, the feature is probably programmed into the app for other models. It would have been better to hide the icons for any features like this that aren't available rather than reminding people of features they don't have.

That aside, has anybody noticed that, since a recent update a couple of weeks ago, the app started automatically logging you out? I usually start my car from the widget, which starts the car using the most recent settings without having to go through the app. However, since the recent update, I now have to log back into the app every time I use the widget (I do have the stay logged in check box selected). This changes starting the car from a two step process (press start button on widget, scan fingerprint) to a five or six step process (press start button on widget, press fingerprint button on login screen, scan fingerprint, select start in app, select a preset unless you have "Quick Start" enabled in the settings, scan fingerprint again).

Last edited:

OpIv37

Registered Member
Baltimore, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Surprised that so many people in Florida and TX use the heated seats so often. I live in Baltimore- I just got my G80 in the spring so I haven’t driven it in cold weather yet, but every car I’ve had for 15 years or so has had heated seats. I might use them 10x a year and usually turn them off after 5 minutes or so.

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Surprised that so many people in Florida and TX use the heated seats so often. I live in Baltimore- I just got my G80 in the spring so I haven’t driven it in cold weather yet, but every car I’ve had for 15 years or so has had heated seats. I might use them 10x a year and usually turn them off after 5 minutes or so.
I've lived in FL since 1975, but wouldn't buy a car without heated seats. They're very therapeutic for lower back problems, so common with advancing age.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've lived in FL since 1975, but wouldn't buy a car without heated seats. They're very therapeutic for lower back problems, so common with advancing age.
I've only been here 2 years and used them maybe once. OTOH, I'm visiting up north in a couple of weeks and they will be used.

OpIv37

Registered Member
Baltimore, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I do have lower back problems but I don’t use the heated seats on them because I‘m usually too hot as it is. Maybe I should start though....

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums