New TSB for TPMS

Gobel

Hasn't posted much yet...
I bought my Genesis in February and on occasion the TPMS light on the dash comes on....then off again. No ryme or reason to a pattern. The dealer is aware of it but apparently Hyundai can not come up with a fix.

Try adding more air to the tires. Before I left Florida for Roswell NM, I pumped my tires up to 34.5 lbs pressure (from about 30 lbs), knowing that it was going to be COLD in
Roswell. As it turns out, one morning, the temperature when I went outside, was 11F, and even then, the TPMS light did not come on.

Gobel

Let me clarify my problem. A light will come on in the dash that says "TPMS" (Tire Protection Monitoring System) if the monitoring system fails. If you have a low tire, another alert dispays showing a cut version of a tire wiht a exclamation point in it. A diagram of your car then appears showing you which tire is low in pressure.

My problem is the TPMS light continues to come on and off with no pattern to it. The dealer tells me there are no problems with the system, they just can't figure out how to keep the light from coming on all by itself.

Mine has been coming on since day one. For the first several months it was random. Maybe twice a month. Now it's consistent.

The TPMS light will come on after about 20 minutes ONLY when the headlights are on. Restarting the car resets the light. 20 minutes later... TPMS light turns on. Again, only when the headlights are on.

Been to the dealer three times. They've tried code remapping and everything else they can think of at the dealership while on the phone to Hyundai.

Last I heard... Hyundai has had other cars with the same issue and Hyundai engineers are working on a few vehicles.

So for now, just one more unnecessary light on the dash.

hmorse

I have also had the same issues. I was in NC during the summer and it drove me crazy, plus I kept going to find air pumps. Recently, it happened again where I live in FL, and I found an old air pump from an 85 Porsche, and filled the damn thing myself. So far, light is still off. That has been my only issue.

Gobel

The TPMS light indicates a problem wiht the Tire Pressure Monitoring System not a low pressure tire. If you have a tire pressure problem, another light will come on which looks like a cut view of a tire with an exclaimation point in it. A diagram of the car will also appear on your dash showing you which tire is low.

Bocatrip

Been here awhile...
Florida
Went for a test drive last week in a 2010 V8 with Tech. I checked the tire pressures before the ride and all were set at 33lbs. The TPMS light was on the entire time. This is a brand new car off the truck. Imagine leaving the showroom with a newly purchased car already with issues!` Not very encouraging.

1. I posted in another thread that my TPMS lamp came on showing that two of my tires were low. I checked and all four (not just two) were down to 27.5 lbs. Filled them, to 34 and TPMS warning went off.

2. As a side note, when I got new tires installed, the tire dealer removed the sensor from the wheel, before they completly removed the old tire. When they installed the new tire, they re-installed the sensor. This was to make sure they did not damage the sensor when removing and installing the tire. I was impressed.

hans

I have a related issue... for the second year i have replaced the wheels that came with the 2009 3.8 for the winter ( they do not have the TPS monitors in them). naturally the TPMS light came on and stayed on until the spring when i put the originals back on. this year when the snow were put on the TPMS light comes on AND now my dash is telling me that the 2 passenger tires are low. I can the display to show milage, or ave speed etc. because the low pressure indicator has take the screen over. Hyundai has been less than helpful.. any suggestions would be appreciated... thankis

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.