New Verde Wheels on Eibach drop, perfect fitment

thatjawncrazy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok lads. 6 weeks from idea to reality, now it’s picture time.

Eibach ProKit
19x9 and 19x10
+30 and +42 offset Verde VFF01
245/35r19 and 275/30r19 DWS06 all seasons
3.3 AWD

WHEEL THOUGHTS

I think these specs are the limit. They are 100% flush to the fender; I have never seen 19x10.5s done and you won’t find higher offset than this. Haven’t checked inner clearance, so not sure if it’ll work... I know of someone running 20x10.5s here but was told they rub.

There is zero rubbing with this setup whether hitting highway dips at 130mph with 400lb of college things in the back, or turning around in my garage.

I can’t see 285 tires fitting in the back. Especially on 10.0 rim. Also, 35 sidewall in the back instead of 30 would create a ~14 rotation per mile difference between front and back wheels, which i am not comfortable with for AWD. This setup gives a 7 rotation per mile difference.

If i remember, these are 1.1% larger than stock and my speedo will read 81.9 at 80mph. That’s good enough for me.

When people say 19s are the sweet spot for G70s, they’re telling the truth. These look big and perfectly sized. Speedo error would’ve been huge going from my stock 18s to 20s.

EIBACH PROKIT THOUGHTS

Rides like a true sports car now, in a good way. The amount these reduced body roll, especially with my AWD, is crazy. Eibach nailed the spring rates in my eyes, these have the perfect “soft but firm” feeling of the stock ride but 1.4 inches lower. There is no excessive “bounce” over bumps, just firmness. I spent 723 miles in this car the day after i drove it home from the shop and my ass felt great at the end. Enjoy the pictures.

3375322F-4A13-4A3C-BE0F-DE19B2136A21.jpeg
60BFB7F8-44F3-405A-94E6-6418C5720207.jpeg
907C8829-27CA-4D9C-A4AE-F7876C737FF2.jpeg
8A4CCA2E-412A-49AD-8052-FE3AA1A671B4.jpeg
D2B113B6-2C25-492A-B4DA-4C6AE6F46300.jpeg D8B6CEA6-0869-40D2-84B6-4CF86681D4E8.jpeg AF4254EB-319E-4164-BA89-699ED44B7EC9.jpeg
705B8CE4-58CF-445D-934D-B06E90498ECE.jpeg
D3A21268-4603-45BF-85B6-73B265B7D10F.jpeg

Last edited:

CaliG70

Registered Member
Menifee, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks great! Loved this fitment.

Jerms3

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Very nice!!! I'm actually trying to get some feedback as to if my future set up would work since yours is actually very close to the set up i have planned.

Set-up

Volk TE37 Ultra M-Spec
Front 19x8.5 +36mm
Rear 19x9.5 +36mm

Tires
245/35R19 Front
275/30R19 Rear

Car is also lowered on the Eibach Prokit lowering srpings.

My worry is with the offset lower than the stock in the rear would it fit the 19x9.5 +36mm with the 275/30R19 tires without rubbing and all that.

Any info would be much appreciated!!

thatjawncrazy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Very nice!!! I'm actually trying to get some feedback as to if my future set up would work since yours is actually very close to the set up i have planned.

Set-up

Volk TE37 Ultra M-Spec
Front 19x8.5 +36mm
Rear 19x9.5 +36mm

Tires
245/35R19 Front
275/30R19 Rear

Car is also lowered on the Eibach Prokit lowering srpings.

My worry is with the offset lower than the stock in the rear would it fit the 19x9.5 +36mm with the 275/30R19 tires without rubbing and all that.

Any info would be much appreciated!!

I see you did your research. Using the website willtheyfit.com, that width and offset will line you up with my 19x10 +42 on the outside, with less “stretch” on the tires, more sidewall and 12.4mm more inner clearance.

So I personally would not worry; there’s at least 5mm more room in the back for fatter sidewall. With thinner wheels, the same tire and the same outer position, you’ll just have more sidewall.

I watched my wheels on the highway and the wheels tuck into the fender significantly over bumps; if it was more of a straight up and down motion i’d be concerned. The tuck makes me think it would certainly work and I believe the user Cgo has 275/30/19 on a 19x9.5, that’ll show you how your sidewall will look.

Old picture but should give you an idea how much room is left...

Attachments

• 511481F3-D374-4196-B85E-2BC2856D8B2F.jpeg
    511481F3-D374-4196-B85E-2BC2856D8B2F.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 16

Jerms3

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tried my best with the research, just the car being so new, and so many people still in the "it's just a Hyundai" phase there's not much to find really. And most people are putting 20" on their cars. When i was trying to measure out in my head i was just worried about the inner side of the rim with the tires, but like you said it should be fine. Thanks for the help!!! been looking for ages!!!

One more thing. No issues with the AWD system?? and i was wondering if the dealer would be able to calibrate the computer with the new tire sizes.....

thatjawncrazy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tried my best with the research, just the car being so new, and so many people still in the "it's just a Hyundai" phase there's not much to find really. And most people are putting 20" on their cars. When i was trying to measure out in my head i was just worried about the inner side of the rim with the tires, but like you said it should be fine. Thanks for the help!!! been looking for ages!!!

One more thing. No issues with the AWD system?? and i was wondering if the dealer would be able to calibrate the computer with the new tire sizes.....

Yeah, 20s just looked HUGE for me and I still think 19s were the right choice. But if nobody tried 20s, nobody would know how they looked...

Also no problem. There are few people putting aftermarket summer wheels on these and even less trying to do max width, max fitment, max tire. It took me a while to find the numbers i ended up with.

I put hundreds of miles on this setup at a time with no AWD problems. My rear wheels are 0.7% larger than front. That means the gears in my center diff/transfer case/whatever, only turn 7 times per mile (if you know what i mean). So it doesn’t overheat. Make sure there’s less than 1% rolling difference between front and back and you should be set for AWD (ive heard up to 3% can be fine but don’t take my word).

Also not sure if dealer can calibrate. Never selling this car so i didn’t care about my miles being off by 1.1%. I didn’t ask the dealer to calibrate but i’m not sure how much they would enjoy aftermarket wheels haha.

Did you take a look at rolling diameter yet?

Jerms3

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah the 20's looked way too big, i have 18's as my winters and they're just a little too small for my liking for the summer. But the 19's like you said are the sweet spot, i wouldn't go any bigger or smaller honestly. Gives it that "track" stance if you know what i mean.

Perfect, that was my main worry was the differential overheating. and the AWD system all out of whack, but it seems like everything should be fine. Hopefully when i order the rims in February they'll come just in time for the summer.

Just wondering for the calibration not so much for miles sake, since i don't plan on selling the car, more so because where i live (Toronto, Ontario) we're getting speed cameras placed around the city, and like every government it's a cash grab and they're not giving us any leniency. You go 1km over the speed limit they'll send you a ticket for $3........and yeah kinda hesitant on asking the dealer, but my car is due for service soon i may ask just to see.

and yup perfect 1% rolling difference, so it should be all good.

thatjawncrazy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Baltimore
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah the 20's looked way too big, i have 18's as my winters and they're just a little too small for my liking for the summer. But the 19's like you said are the sweet spot, i wouldn't go any bigger or smaller honestly. Gives it that "track" stance if you know what i mean.

Perfect, that was my main worry was the differential overheating. and the AWD system all out of whack, but it seems like everything should be fine. Hopefully when i order the rims in February they'll come just in time for the summer.

Just wondering for the calibration not so much for miles sake, since i don't plan on selling the car, more so because where i live (Toronto, Ontario) we're getting speed cameras placed around the city, and like every government it's a cash grab and they're not giving us any leniency. You go 1km over the speed limit they'll send you a ticket for $3........and yeah kinda hesitant on asking the dealer, but my car is due for service soon i may ask just to see.

and yup perfect 1% rolling difference, so it should be all good.

WTAF is that, $3 for 1km over? I bet all the government boys drive Camrys or something. Screw that.

As for speed difference, my speedo reads 88.3mph when i'm going 90. It shows 50mph when i'm going 49. So anywhere in the city, you shouldn't have a problem.

Jerms3

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yup that’s how it is now ahaha what can you do.

okay that should be perfect then, wouldn’t need to worry at all then

Thanks again!!!

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums