NickB2005's g70!

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi all, brand new here but signed a lease for this baby last night. 2.0T AWD dynamic package himilayan gray with a black interior. I pick it up Monday night. Went back and forth as this was purely a want vs a necessity. Honestly I'm really happy with the deal I got. Was $366 a month for a 3 year lease with 10k miles per year. I did sign up for the wear and tear package to cover 5k in damages at end of the lease. It $14 per month so $380 is what I'm paying. I traded in my 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited which I owned and am getting a $5100 check back from them.
06EBEA14-B31B-47DB-8B7E-E06C850B7656.jpeg7A933339-D54B-4C9D-BA2B-E2E9F9E6C728.jpegB71E8BFB-EF99-428A-90B8-4CEC9F0C9E1E.jpegC7D5DF5C-E106-4F4E-8D48-855FBC4F1574.jpeg98E0B2BA-B6F2-4510-BC94-C54F44E9F0AE.jpeg

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Back out of the wear and tear thing...100% BS. They got you and you do NOT need it. All leases allow for regular wear and tear by default!!!

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Back out of the wear and tear thing...100% BS. They got you and you do NOT need it. All leases allow for regular wear and tear by default!!!
Ugh I guess that's the newbie of me being a first time leaser. I already signed all the paperwork. I don't think they'll let me get out of it.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Ugh I guess that's the newbie of me being a first time leaser. I already signed all the paperwork. I don't think they'll let me get out of it.
In the scheme of the next 3 years of driving, not a major deal. Read the terms carefully though, maybe it will save you a few bucks in the end if you get a ding. You won't know for sure until you turn the car in if you got screwed on the deal. From my limited experience with leasing, if they can get you in a new car at lease end they are less likely to get you for little things than if you turn in and walk.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In the scheme of the next 3 years of driving, not a major deal. Read the terms carefully though, maybe it will save you a few bucks in the end if you get a ding. You won't know for sure until you turn the car in if you got screwed on the deal. From my limited experience with leasing, if they can get you in a new car at lease end they are less likely to get you for little things than if you turn in and walk.
Agreed. They will likely turn a blind eye if you get another car from them. If you walk, they may rip you a new hole!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No...there is wear and tear built in...no reason to speculate otherwise.
Is that state by state?
I have family members who got dinged here pretty badly for minor crap from moving to a MB from Honda. And BMW saying they would waive the $$ if they got into another BMW and the same with MB to MB!

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is that state by state?
I have family members who got dinged here pretty badly for minor crap from moving to a MB from Honda. And BMW saying they would waive the $$ if they got into another BMW!
Nah. Example...Audi allows up to 3 quarter sized dings. They allow hood stone chips. Rims can be lightly scratched.

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congratulations. Get rid of that Hyundai license plate cover!
I asked them to remove the dealer sticker too under the g70 emblem.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.