No 2015 V8 Ultimate in SoCal area?

mky

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hey guys,
I was looking at buying 2015 V8 with ultimate package given that I could not find any 2016 V8s. Even the Hyundai website does not list the V8 option for 2016 genesis anymore. Has that been discontinued?

Are there any 2016 V8s (ultimate package included) or 2015 V8s with ultimate package that you know of in SoCal area? I was able to locate few V8s but without the ultimate package.

Please help me guys :(

XPO439

Registered Member
California
Hey guys,
I was looking at buying 2015 V8 with ultimate package given that I could not find any 2016 V8s. Even the Hyundai website does not list the V8 option for 2016 genesis anymore. Has that been discontinued?

Are there any 2016 V8s (ultimate package included) or 2015 V8s with ultimate package that you know of in SoCal area? I was able to locate few V8s but without the ultimate package.

Please help me guys :(

V8 Ultimates are going to be hard to find...and if one is found, it is probably a "managers" demo. You're looking at 5,000+ on the ODO. I don't know how you feel about that. It's basically a used car with a new car warranty.

There is no 2016 V8. I don't know where those articles got their info from. Only the 2015's get a V8 (speaking in reference to your question). I called Hyundai a while back, two representatives gave me two different answers. Then, surprisingly, a salesman gave the right answer to my 2016 V8 question.

I believe the V8 will end with the 2015 Genesis. If someone can prove me wrong, even better.

I think Momentum Hyundai has a demo V8 Ultimate if you're willing to drive down to Fairfield for it. Check the website just in case.

5 Timer

Registered Member
northern Nevada
There is no 2016 V8. I don't know where those articles got their info from. Only the 2015's get a V8 (speaking in reference to your question). I called Hyundai a while back, two representatives gave me two different answers. Then, surprisingly, a salesman gave the right answer to my 2016 V8 question.

I believe the V8 will end with the 2015 Genesis. If someone can prove me wrong, even better.

Agree with you, but someone should clue in the folks at Hyundai.
I'm sitting here watching the Giants-Braves game right now and a commercial runs for the 2016 Genesis (which is rare). Right there on my TV screen it shows 5.0 V8 as an available option. I re-wound it and snapped pics just to make sure I was seeing it correctly.

"Available Option"

Genentec

Registered Member
theres a few. check autotrader.

this time i think hyundai limited the 2016 manufacturing to hold prices.

i think they learned their leason with the 2014 body style. I think they still have some new 2014 in stock.

kn5owa

Sustaining Member
Two ideas:

1. Do some dealer inventory research on cars.com

2. Wait for the G80's and G90's to be introduced later this year - you may find something you want - and to my knowledge - it isn't absolutely certain what the power trains will be.

And yes: the 2015 V8 is a nice thing to have. It's smooth like a V8 should be and actually gets that 4600 lb. family sedan to 60 in 5 secs., as advertised.

Genentec

Registered Member
preowned signatures are getting snatched up as well. some preowned were going for as low as 27k with 15k miles.

mky

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
Thanks guys. I found one V8 with ultimate package in TX. I live in CA so I am not sure if it is even possible to get the car shipped here or is it even worth it?

What do you think? :confused:

bball4032

Registered Member
Thanks guys. I found one V8 with ultimate package in TX. I live in CA so I am not sure if it is even possible to get the car shipped here or is it even worth it?

What do you think? :confused:

I'm showing only two available in the entire country. There are actually five but three of those are/were in a service loaner program, contracted on, or corporate fleet vehicles. There is a Marrakesh beige on beige at Gateway Hyundai in Vermont, and one Caspian black on black at Ontario Hyundai in California (909-390-8484 or 909-443-6100). Ask them about stock #FU073098 because it's not showing in their online inventory but I show it there by dealertrack. This could be for any number of reasons. Happy hunting.

Victorville Hyundai, Glendale Hyundai, and Ladin Hyundai (all in Cali) have one but I don't know what their status is.

Last edited:

AustinTX

Registered Member
Austin, TX

I would just call the dealership and ask, they may be very motivated to get a high $ vehicle off their lot, especially one that might have been sitting there for a while costing them $$$ every month. Shipping the car from TX to CA will cost you around $1,000 with a reputable carrier.

Or you buy a one way ticket for two people, pick up that car and make a road-trip out of this with someone you would enjoy spending a few days on the road with. I did this many years ago with a friend, and it was a great way to get familiar with the car, spend some great time with a friend and get to see some of the US on the way.

If the car is near Austin, TX I'd be happy to visually check it out for you to confirm information the dealer might provide to you (mileage, condition of the exterior/interior, etc.). I'm not a mechanic, but the car is under warranty anyway, it's more about checking things out before flying across the country with a check and getting disappointed.

My car was brought to Austin from Houston at no charge to me, the only downside that the car was driven (not trailer-ed) so it had a few miles on it when I took over, but since I lease that didn't bother me at all.

I hope you get what you are looking for!

mky

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
hi AustinTX,

Thanks for your help! The car is near Dallas, TX but I called them today and found out that it is V8 base model. The pictures they had for that model were for ultimate for some reason!

mky

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
Guys,
I am thinking to go with V8 base model. I test drove both V8 base and V6 RWD Ultimate (both 2015) today and I like the power of V8 more, in the way it drives effortlessly, not to say V6 was any slower but I had to put my leg real hard on the gas to have it go as fast as V8. I did not drive much on Fwy but in the city I think it does not make a difference if you have a V6 or a V8. I still felt V8 was smoother than V6. What Wowed me about V6 was the HUD which was pretty good but I will have to sacrifice something :(

Btw, I was just checking the options on V8 and was surprised that it had smart trunk listed on it. I thought all along that smart trunk came with ultimate option.

What do you guys think between V8 base and V6 Ultimate?

mky

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
I'm showing only two available in the entire country. There are actually five but three of those are/were in a service loaner program, contracted on, or corporate fleet vehicles. There is a Marrakesh beige on beige at Gateway Hyundai in Vermont, and one Caspian black on black at Ontario Hyundai in California (909-390-8484 or 909-443-6100). Ask them about stock #FU073098 because it's not showing in their online inventory but I show it there by dealertrack. This could be for any number of reasons. Happy hunting.

Victorville Hyundai, Glendale Hyundai, and Ladin Hyundai (all in Cali) have one but I don't know what their status is.

Thanks bball4032! I will check with those dealers.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums