No local dealer

Gozar

Registered Member
Boise, ID
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Anyone not have a local dealer?

I just picked up a 2019 G80 Sport, after having had a 2011 Genesis 4.6 and a 2016 Equus Ultimate, and will be moving to Boise ID (from Austin TX) for a great job.
The nearest Genesis dealer is in SLC UT......

I called the local Boise Hyundai dealer and they said they can service it, but no amenities such as Conceirge, I am bummed I called Genesis to ask about my free 3 years of maintenance service and they said I would need to escalate to National once I have an address there.

Anyone been through a similar situation and how was it handled?

Love the car can live without Valet but still disappointed.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

I just picked up a 2019 G80 Sport, after having had a 2011 Genesis 4.6 and a 2016 Equus Ultimate, and will be moving to Boise ID (from Austin TX) for a great job.

I called the local Boise Hyundai dealer and they said they can service it, but no amenities such as Conceirge, I am bummed I called Genesis to ask about my free 3 years of maintenance service and they said I would need to escalate to National once I have an address there.

I don't know how many people it takes to support a Genesis dealership. Evidently more that you will have in Idaho. Maybe twice a year you visit the dealer. You will probably miss your favorite coffee shop, restaurant, grocery store more than the time it takes you to drop off your car for an oil change. Part of the moving experience.

That said, you can have my share. I have the service available but have not bothered using it yet. It only takes about an hour so I wander around the lot or check out the local businesses.

Gozar

Registered Member
Boise, ID
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
There will be many BBQ places I will miss 🆒

I was more after if the free maintenance (I know, all 3 of them oil changes) would be honored. The job and team I will work with will more than make up for it, as well as having actual mountains nearby!

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I would think that the Boise area will have at least one full service Genesis dealership eventually. Over 700k population seems like too large of a market with no representation.

Last edited:

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I would think that the Boise area will have at least one full service Genesis dealership eventually. Over 700k population seems like too large of a market with no representation.
I thought that at first, but then thought about it a bit more. The population of Boise is 220,000, the rest of the state is spread out quit a bit. Then look at what they buy. Large car sales are 1.5% of all sales
By Market Segments: Crossovers – 34.7% Pickup -- 15.9% Small Car -- 15.4% Midsized Car -- 13.0% SUV -- 8.0% Luxury Car -- 6.0% Van -- 5.5% Large Car -- 1.5%

By Share of Car vs. Light Truck, 2017 Q3 Light Trucks – 64% Passenger Cars – 36% (Compared to 2014 #’s: Light Trucks – 57% and Cars - 43.%) Proving that Americans continue to feed their appetites toward SUV’s, CUVs, & pickups.

So, when Genesis comes out with a pickup, they may get a dealer. Not much financial incentive to sell large luxury cars there.

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Those are definitely big pickup numbers indicating that cars and SUV have tough competition. With MB, Audi, Lexus, BMW etc. in the Boise market it seems like Genesis needs to be there too. The SUV's would help to bolster volume. The 700k population I mentioned was for the metro area. I was surprised that it's that big.

Gozar

Registered Member
Boise, ID
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
While there are plenty of trucks and SUV’s in Boise the explosive growth is in large part people from California with money, and a luxury AWD vehicle should see climbing numbers.
Maybe I should open a Genesis dealership there :oops:

SNSN

Registered Member
NJ
My local Hyundai in Paramus NJ did not become a Genesis dealer, and will not.
They have always told me they were the largest Genesis dealer in the country.
This is my 3rd Genesis with them; 2012 RSpec, 2014 Equus, and a 2018 G80 Sport 3.3 Turbo !
When I called for the 12K service, they told me we are not servicing Genesis anymore, but will do it for me.
I brought the car in , they gave me a Hyundai loaner!
When I picked up the car the Invoice showed that they billed Hyundai for the full valet service!!!
With the prices of their lease deals I doubt if I will remain a Genesis customer.

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
If you open a Genesis dealer in Boise please consider an on site text mex bbq joint to soothe the pain of moving from Austin. :)

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Under the original Genesis dealer network plan, Genesis was willing to forgo states such as South Carolina - which has 5 million as opposed to 1.7 mil for Idaho.

But it's all up to whether a Hyundai dealer in Idaho thinks it's worth it.

Idaho may end up getting one down the road, but likely won't happen until after your free maintenance period is over.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
While there are plenty of trucks and SUV’s in Boise the explosive growth is in large part people from California with money, and a luxury AWD vehicle should see climbing numbers.
Maybe I should open a Genesis dealership there :oops:
There may be explosive growth, but people like to "fit in" with the locals. They may be lined up to buy pickups with their new life. Once you get your dealership open, be sure to let us know how sales are.

GManG70

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I live in Sioux Falls SD, ran into same issue today for maintenance... pending return call from escalated Natl Customer Care

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

GManG70

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Unfortunately the last I saw was that SD was in the same boat as ID, there will be no Genesis dealers in the state. Hopefully that will either change or Genesis will allow some Hyundai dealers to perform maintenance/warranty work and reimburse them for it.
The BRAND is being damaged in a BIG way if they don't!

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The BRAND is being damaged in a BIG way if they don't!
No dealers for Jaguar, Ininiti, Lexus, Land Rover, Acura, Volvo and others. All those cars have damaged brands, I guess. Maybe if they had a pickup truck, but I doubt they can support some brands with sales.

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
No dealers for Jaguar, Ininiti, Lexus, Land Rover, Acura, Volvo and others. All those cars have damaged brands, I guess. Maybe if they had a pickup truck, but I doubt they can support some brands with sales.
Maybe in time Genesis volume will warrant a dealership in Sioux Falls. BMW, Mercedes and Audi are there but they are more established brands (with no pickups) with volume that is sufficient for them.