No longer building GV80 3.5 Prestige????

Claudiawms

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I've been waiting since November for a 3.5 Prestige. They said it was coming in on Feb 6th, then pushed back it to Feb 27th, then March 17, and now March 30th. The salesman says reason is because it's at the dock but as more cars arrive they are offloaded in front of "my"car. And they have only 15 trailers to transport these cars to all the dealerships across the USA. He also just told me that they are not producing any more 3.5 Prestige's this year. Has anyone else heard this? Or having this problem?

Claudiawms

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Me too :(

I contacted Genesis concierge to see if it was true. They said they would escalate it to their manager and get back to me. I'll post what they say. I also told them how some dealers were charging over the MSRP. They said to report it to them.

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I've been waiting since November for a 3.5 Prestige. They said it was coming in on Feb 6th, then pushed back it to Feb 27th, then March 17, and now March 30th. The salesman says reason is because it's at the dock but as more cars arrive they are offloaded in front of "my"car. And they have only 15 trailers to transport these cars to all the dealerships across the USA. He also just told me that they are not producing any more 3.5 Prestige's this year. Has anyone else heard this? Or having this problem?
No, not quite the same story here. Both of the dealers I spoke with over the past ten days took my requests and said that the wait time would be 3 months or more. The first one also said that the 3.5T’s production will be constrained by the number of 2.5T units that are sold as they need that to offset the ridiculously inefficient 3.5T engine and meet the EPA’s average fuel efficiency requirements across a vehicle class. I have no idea if this is true or not, but it does make some sense. Sadly, I’m no longer as idealistic as I once was and so I don’t give a rat’s ass about fuel efficiency anymore. I want my GV80 and I want it now! ;)

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
A few years ago, I would have never dreamed that I would by a vehicle that gets such poor mileage, and on premium fuel on top of that. Now I don't care about the mileage either, I'm just thoroughly enjoying my GV80. I can't take my money with me, so I'll enjoy it now.

mnfats95

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
A few years ago, I would have never dreamed that I would by a vehicle that gets such poor mileage, and on premium fuel on top of that. Now I don't care about the mileage either, I'm just thoroughly enjoying my GV80. I can't take my money with me, so I'll enjoy it now.
What mileage are you getting?

SilverGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
We're approaching the end of the model year for the year 2021, so the message is probably no more for the model year 2021. I assume we're not far out from 2022 going into production.

Rortiz6399

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Me too :(

I contacted Genesis concierge to see if it was true. They said they would escalate it to their manager and get back to me. I'll post what they say. I also told them how some dealers were charging over the MSRP. They said to report it to them.
I reported it to them and I was told they don't control the pricing of the vehicles 😒

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I reported it to them and I was told they don't control the pricing of the vehicles 😒
Hey, that's a capitalist, free market economy at work for ya! Low supply, high demand, prices go up. We can't complain just because this time it isn't working in our favor. It's a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, after all. ;)

Long island Phil

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Well said I feel exactly the same way . Loving my prestige since Jan

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
No, not quite the same story here. Both of the dealers I spoke with over the past ten days took my requests and said that the wait time would be 3 months or more. The first one also said that the 3.5T’s production will be constrained by the number of 2.5T units that are sold as they need that to offset the ridiculously inefficient 3.5T engine and meet the EPA’s average fuel efficiency requirements across a vehicle class. I have no idea if this is true or not, but it does make some sense. Sadly, I’m no longer as idealistic as I once was and so I don’t give a rat’s ass about fuel efficiency anymore. I want my GV80 and I want it now! ;)

Makes one wonder why we haven't seen a prototype of a GV80e yet.

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I was driving in my GV80 today with my wife marveling at how gas prices are going up - in San Diego premium with a credit card is getting close to $4 for a top tier brand, I recalled one of the other arguments I had for buying a larger SUV - safety. What happened today really makes my case, that GV80 may have saved Tiger Woods life. (of course if the car was defective - disregard)

Markbridge

Registered Member
SE Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I couldn't have said it better! I am not a SUV fan and have resisted getting one for years. But test drove one a few weeks ago and was smitten.

Gurgeh

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I was driving in my GV80 today with my wife marveling at how gas prices are going up - in San Diego premium with a credit card is getting close to $4 for a top tier brand, I recalled one of the other arguments I had for buying a larger SUV - safety. What happened today really makes my case, that GV80 may have saved Tiger Woods life. (of course if the car was defective - disregard)
Gas prices are so much higher in California than in most of the rest of the country as a result of policies, regulations and taxes approved by the state's residents and voted in by their elected representatives.

SilverGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Makes one wonder why we haven't seen a prototype of a GV80e yet.
I'd give it weeks from today before we do. GV70e and G80e have already been seen. The G80 and GV80 share a significant amount.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums