• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

NO SUPPORT FROM GENESIS CORPORATE?

socalsunbear7

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hi, I bought a Genesis G80 3.8 V6 CPO with the Ultimate and Tech Package. I purchased in on June 12, 2019 from La Quinta Hyundai and Genesis and have had to bring it in for service numerous times for services that should have been performed I’m the CPO Checklist. Bobby Calloway is the GM and I know he is sick of me asking for oil changes, filters inside the cabin and outside as well. I have had the tires rotated more than once and a host of other issues. He now claims he NEVER CERTIFIED THE VEHICLE AS A CERTIFIED PREOWNED CAR. THEY COST HIM TOO MUCH MONEY. HE TOLD ME TO GET OFF HIS LOT OR HE WOULD CALL THE POLICE AND FILE A RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME. This was on March 30th, 2020. I sent the paperwork to the Corporate Office Consumer Affairs Department after spending 3.45 hours on the phone.

I Summarized and Copied The Three Top Executive in Fullerton’s Hyundai & Genesis HQ. Mark Del Rosso-Genesis CEO/ Pres, William Lee, Genesis Excutive VP & Global Advisor & Jose Munoz who is the Hyundai Global COO. I also copied Natalia B at Genesis Consumer Affairs on Case #16898686.
All these people were sent Overnight Via FedX to arrive this Friday. I called on this case on April 03,
and tried reaching anyone? No one would answer the phone. I finally recieved a phone call from a women named TANA from HYUNDAI and she claimed I would have to deal with this dealer all by myself as Corporate has NO CONTROL OVER THEIR DEALERS‼️ SHE REFUSED ANY HELP! I had to call her back and ask for her reply to be put in writing!

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY BAD ISSUES WITH GENESIS OR HYUNDAI CORPORATE OFFICES?
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO GO FROM HERE? I NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS BAD OF SERVICE BEFORE IN MY LIFE.! WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE???

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hi, I bought a Genesis G80 3.8 V6 CPO with the Ultimate and Tech Package. I purchased in on June 12, 2019 from La Quinta Hyundai and Genesis and have had to bring it in for service numerous times for services that should have been performed I’m the CPO Checklist. Bobby Calloway is the GM and I know he is sick of me asking for oil changes, filters inside the cabin and outside as well. I have had the tires rotated more than once and a host of other issues. He now claims he NEVER CERTIFIED THE VEHICLE AS A CERTIFIED PREOWNED CAR. THEY COST HIM TOO MUCH MONEY. HE TOLD ME TO GET OFF HIS LOT OR HE WOULD CALL THE POLICE AND FILE A RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME. This was on March 30th, 2020. I sent the paperwork to the Corporate Office Consumer Affairs Department after spending 3.45 hours on the phone.

I Summarized and Copied The Three Top Executive in Fullerton’s Hyundai & Genesis HQ. Mark Del Rosso-Genesis CEO/ Pres, William Lee, Genesis Excutive VP & Global Advisor & Jose Munoz who is the Hyundai Global COO. I also copied Natalia B at Genesis Consumer Affairs on Case #16898686.
All these people were sent Overnight Via FedX to arrive this Friday. I called on this case on April 03,
and tried reaching anyone? No one would answer the phone. I finally recieved a phone call from a women named TANA from HYUNDAI and she claimed I would have to deal with this dealer all by myself as Corporate has NO CONTROL OVER THEIR DEALERS‼ SHE REFUSED ANY HELP! I had to call her back and ask for her reply to be put in writing!

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY BAD ISSUES WITH GENESIS OR HYUNDAI CORPORATE OFFICES?
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO GO FROM HERE? I NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS BAD OF SERVICE BEFORE IN MY LIFE.! WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE???
In the US, car makers have little control over the dealers as they are independently owned. If you have paperwork showing you were sold showing it was sold as a CPO you can expect to get what goes with it. If you can show you were scammed by the dealer you may have a case against the dealer but corporate would have nothing do do with it.

No one here can see your paperwork and what you claims are for and determine if they are valid or not. I don't know how many filters and oil changes you want versus what is needed in less than a year.
Just a guess o my part, if the dealer is threatening a restraining order your conversations did not go well. In the case of most unhappy customer confrontations. as soon as you raise your voice and curse, you lost. If that was the situation it will be difficult to come to a happy resolution. There may be some lawyers here but most of us are not and cannot give legal advice. Perhaps you should visit one.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
A lawyer is your only recourse now. You are in the SOL category.

Just curious, how many free oil changes did you expect, or get?

Also, since you must be an expert on CPO entitlements, please list them for our info and then tell us in detail what you did not receive that you were entitled to. Until you do that, we don’t have a clue what you are talking about.

Fromsfca

Registered Member
Louisville, KY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just purchased a used 2019, with 40 miles on the clock.

It is NOT a CPO: it is a used car. This means, you only get the remainder of the 5 year bumper-to-bumper warranty and the remainder of the initial 36 month free service. The dealer explained to me that Hyundai charges too much to CPO the car, so dealers choose not to.

As was said earlier, what you are owed by the dealer is what is in writing. One would hope there was a pre-owned inspection, where oil, tires, filters are checked and replaced if necessary. Your best bet is to review the pre-inspection checklist prior to purchase, to negotiate any desired services.

socalsunbear7

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
In the US, car makers have little control over the dealers as they are independently owned. If you have paperwork showing you were sold showing it was sold as a CPO you can expect to get what goes with it. If you can show you were scammed by the dealer you may have a case against the dealer but corporate would have nothing do do with it.

No one here can see your paperwork and what you claims are for and determine if they are valid or not. I don't know how many filters and oil changes you want versus what is needed in less than a year.
Just a guess o my part, if the dealer is threatening a restraining order your conversations did not go well. In the case of most unhappy customer confrontations. as soon as you raise your voice and curse, you lost. If that was the situation it will be difficult to come to a happy resolution. There may be some lawyers here but most of us are not and cannot give legal advice. Perhaps you should visit one.
Hello Ed P,
I did send my information into corporate headquarters I’m just compiled a large packet where I detailed what happened on each service record that the car was brought in for. Luckily for me I am a type a person and keep great records. I have sent all the service files, the detail paperwork, the contracts that he is in breach of ( 4) and most importantly also send an entire file copy to the consumer resource board in California.

It seems he has a history of doing this that goes back many many years when he was telling Hyundai and Chevrolets on the same lot.I just don’t think he’s used to dealing with genesis owners as the vehicles begin at $45,000 and go all the way up to the sky is the limit.

socalsunbear7

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
A lawyer is your only recourse now. You are in the SOL category.

Just curious, how many free oil changes did you expect, or get?

Also, since you must be an expert on CPO entitlements, please list them for our info and then tell us in detail what you did not receive that you were entitled to. Until you do that, we don’t have a clue what you are talking about.
Hello PMC Ernie, yes I definitely realize I am in the SOL category. However, my ass should be saved as we collect every scrap of paper in every single transaction that we do. Throw in a little OCD and you’ve got a great paper trail Tons and tons of records and notes. So here we go. I have the original purchase contract with him, let’s call this number one.

1.) Purchase contract with 10 year, 120,000 mile extended service contract.
2.) A Finishing Touch Interior and and exterior Protection contract for the white leather and Ibiza Blue paint good for five years.
3.) A maintenance agreement for three years or 30,000 miles, which ever comes first. No limit on the amount of all the changes or work. This is considered a heavy duty climate so they want oil changed every 3000 miles
4.) A Tire and wheel package along with paint list dent removal, lost key fobs for a five year period

I have all the paperwork for the certified preowned vehicle and the issue started arising when he did not want to complete any of the work that goes along with his certified preowned vehicle.
So now I have sent a package with all the copies of the documents has been sent to HYUNDAI/GENESIS CONSUMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT and they will look over all the documentation and decide what is right and go from there. I also have an attorney (actually more than one) that is more than willing to look over all the paperwork and represent me at no cost since he has done this many many times before. I WILL HEAR FROM CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST.

I AM PREPARED TO FIGHT TO THE END. WISH ME LUCK AS THIS IS NASTY ALREADY!,,

Last edited:

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So if you bought the car in June '19 then you should have had one oil change every six months, so that totals one oil change. How many have you had, or expecting?

Cabin filters are changed less often. Since you used plural in describing these filter changes, just how many did you have?

Maybe you drive a lot, how many miles do you go between tire rotations? You've have at least two.

Unless there's something wrong with the car, I can't see why you would go there more than once or twice in the 10 months you've had the car.

So you have sales records that say you bought a CPO, and it defines the warranty? Could you possibly be asking for service that's beyond what's normally expected?

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Hello PMC Ernie, yes I definitely realize I am in the SOL category. However, my ass should be saved as we collect every scrap of paper in every single transaction that we do. Throw in a little OCD and you’ve got a great paper trail Tons and tons of records and notes. So here we go. I have the original purchase contract with him, let’s call this number one.

1.) Purchase contract with 10 year, 120,000 mile extended service contract.
2.) A Finishing Touch Interior and and exterior Protection contract for the white leather and Ibiza Blue paint good for five years.
3.) A maintenance agreement for three years or 30,000 miles, which ever comes first. No limit on the amount of all the changes or work. This is considered a heavy duty climate so they want oil changed every 3000 miles
4.) A Tire and wheel package along with paint list dent removal, lost key fobs for a five year period

I have all the paperwork for the certified preowned vehicle and the issue started arising when he did not want to complete any of the work that goes along with his certified preowned vehicle.
So now I have sent a package with all the copies of the documents has been sent to HYUNDAI/GENESIS CONSUMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT and they will look over all the documentation and decide what is right and go from there. I also have an attorney (actually more than one) that is more than willing to look over all the paperwork and represent me at no cost since he has done this many many times before. I WILL HEAR FROM CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST.

I AM PREPARED TO FIGHT TO THE END. WISH ME LUCK AS THIS IS NASTY ALREADY!,,

In a sense, you are waging a battle similar to those Buddhist monks who self-immolated (burned themselves alive) in protest during the Vietnam War days. Good luck! As with the monks, there’s probably no future in it. You’d have been better off buying a brand new car. Get a grip.

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello Ed P,
I did send my information into corporate headquarters I’m just compiled a large packet where I detailed what happened on each service record that the car was brought in for. Luckily for me I am a type a person and keep great records. I have sent all the service files, the detail paperwork, the contracts that he is in breach of ( 4) and most importantly also send an entire file copy to the consumer resource board in California.

It seems he has a history of doing this that goes back many many years when he was telling Hyundai and Chevrolets on the same lot.I just don’t think he’s used to dealing with genesis owners as the vehicles begin at $45,000 and go all the way up to the sky is the limit.
Well. good luck. Since we don't know what was promised we cannot say if you are treated fairly or not. Your requests for service seem to be much more frequent than needed for the miles though. Im less than a year you should be nearing the second oil change, tire rotation, filters. You did not indicate how many you actually had so far.

G-272225

Well. good luck. Since we don't know what was promised we cannot say if you are treated fairly or not. Your requests for service seem to be much more frequent than needed for the miles though. Im less than a year you should be nearing the second oil change, tire rotation, filters. You did not indicate how many you actually had so far.
Hi, ok bought in June of 19. This is a CPO per contract papers. They addrd oil and rotated tires as it was not done during the PreCPO INSPECTION. Im finding out the cabin and engine air filters were really dirty.
more things are adding up that he did Not Do THE PRECERT WORK FOR A CPO GENESIS. When you go look at yhe history of his dealership and he admitted to me he MAY DO 1 CPO a month cause they cost him lots of money. Im with you, if I had bought a CPO vehicle, All my services would be coming up now. He Forged the CPO Paperwork and now he knows I know cause I have called him on it and he admitted it. Sadly, GENESIS CORP WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT IT AT ALL!!!

socalsunbear7

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Hello Ed P,
I forgot to say that the vehicle I purchased was a 2015 Genesis G80 3.6 with 13, 546 miles on the odometer. The vehicle was turned in after a 3 year lease and was her Palm Desert Car. She had three homes, one in Chicago, New York and Palm Desert. I had all her phone contacts, gate codes and addresses as well as All her friends info, addresses, phone numbers, her country club account number and when she went for lunch, etc.

This was sold to me as a CPO vehicle and when my spouse and I were sitting in the finance office, we inquired about the CPO PAPERWORK. The Finance Manager, Eric, picked up the phone and spoke to someone. 20 minutes later, a man comes in with the year of our car and vin number on it. It’s a 2 page blank form and he starts checking off boxes that state all the CPO WORK HAD BEEN DONE. He initials in a couple places and says there you go. One certified Preowned Genesis just for the two of You. I asked if the work had been done and he said it must have been as the form is here and the mechanic must have forgotten to check the boxes. I just fixed his mistake, so it’s all yours!

it’s not till later when I start finding out the oil and air filter is dirty, I have the prior owners info in the car still and my phone would not pair with the vehicle, they had to add oil at 14,500 miles and then change the Black Thick Oil that was almost sludge like at 15, 000 miles. I changed the interior air cabin filter since I have asthma and it was filthy as well. If I truly had purchased a Certified Preowned Vehicle, none of these issues would have come up! No tire rotation, oil change, air filter, in cabin filter as all these items would have come up at the PreCertification Checklist and been fixed! YOU ARE RIGHT! One visit to buy and then a return for the 20,000 mile service. I had to keep going back because they sold me a CPO VEHICLE ON PAPER ALONE, THEY NEVER DID THE WORK! I love my car, I just put Michelin Pilot 4s Summer Tires on it. I would not be doing this if I did not love this car and want to keep it!!! Iknow the dealer did not do the CPO work and this concerns me. What if it was in a major accident and they had someone fix it and never reported it? I just want to be sure.

an Attorney and a Governmental agency as well as the auto manufacturers dealer complaint line has a copy of all my documents. I’m staying home anyway, so what better thing to do than have it looked over? I’m not stupid and I am a highly perserverent and multifaceted type of person. I hope you have most of the info now. It took me a week to go through my calendar and service records as well as why I went to the dealer. So now, we let the attorneys and chief Governmental Agency decide. Next is the FTC and California State Attorney Generals office. They are next up in the food chain! Wish me luck unless your also an auto dealer. Be Safe and Healthy!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It’s a 2 page blank form and he starts checking off boxes that state all the CPO WORK HAD BEEN DONE.
If we are going to go on with this thread, I think (just my opinion) you are going to need to post that form. It actually doesn’t make much of a difference what he said about it being CPO. In fact there “may” be a difference between it being. Hyundai CPO vehicle and just saying all the CPO work has been done.

Finally please stop calling it a Genesis G80. You are confusing the heck out of everyone. It is a Hyundai 2015.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello Ed P,
I forgot to say that the vehicle I purchased was a 2015 Genesis G80 3.6 with 13, 546 miles on the odometer. The vehicle was turned in after a 3 year lease and was her Palm Desert Car. She had three homes, one in Chicago, New York and Palm Desert. I had all her phone contacts, gate codes and addresses as well as All her friends info, addresses, phone numbers, her country club account number and when she went for lunch, etc.

This was sold to me as a CPO vehicle and when my spouse and I were sitting in the finance office, we inquired about the CPO PAPERWORK. The Finance Manager, Eric, picked up the phone and spoke to someone. 20 minutes later, a man comes in with the year of our car and vin number on it. It’s a 2 page blank form and he starts checking off boxes that state all the CPO WORK HAD BEEN DONE. He initials in a couple places and says there you go. One certified Preowned Genesis just for the two of You. I asked if the work had been done and he said it must have been as the form is here and the mechanic must have forgotten to check the boxes. I just fixed his mistake, so it’s all yours!

it’s not till later when I start finding out the oil and air filter is dirty, I have the prior owners info in the car still and my phone would not pair with the vehicle, they had to add oil at 14,500 miles and then change the Black Thick Oil that was almost sludge like at 15, 000 miles. I changed the interior air cabin filter since I have asthma and it was filthy as well. If I truly had purchased a Certified Preowned Vehicle, none of these issues would have come up! No tire rotation, oil change, air filter, in cabin filter as all these items would have come up at the PreCertification Checklist and been fixed! YOU ARE RIGHT! One visit to buy and then a return for the 20,000 mile service. I had to keep going back because they sold me a CPO VEHICLE ON PAPER ALONE, THEY NEVER DID THE WORK! I love my car, I just put Michelin Pilot 4s Summer Tires on it. I would not be doing this if I did not love this car and want to keep it!!! Iknow the dealer did not do the CPO work and this concerns me. What if it was in a major accident and they had someone fix it and never reported it? I just want to be sure.

an Attorney and a Governmental agency as well as the auto manufacturers dealer complaint line has a copy of all my documents. I’m staying home anyway, so what better thing to do than have it looked over? I’m not stupid and I am a highly perserverent and multifaceted type of person. I hope you have most of the info now. It took me a week to go through my calendar and service records as well as why I went to the dealer. So now, we let the attorneys and chief Governmental Agency decide. Next is the FTC and California State Attorney Generals office. They are next up in the food chain! Wish me luck unless your also an auto dealer. Be Safe and Healthy!
OK, more information makes a difference. Certainly sounds like a sleazy dealer.

Your complaint sounds legitimate. What I don't know is who to complain to for action. Obviously the dealer but when it gets to the point of a restraining order that is not good. Genesis corporate cannot do anything since it is a Hyundai. The cars appear to be almost identical but they are separate corporations. Good luck, you should get some satisfaction.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
A real CPO contract is a pretty big deal, it's not going to be a single form with check boxes. It's going to be an agreement that states the warranty on specific terms, and you will pay for it. I'd be surprised if the dealer would even offer a 2015 Hyundai on a CPO. So at worst, the dealer told you one thing and you got another. Or, should I say you didn't get another.

Perhaps you didn't understand that a CPO is a big deal (in terms of buying a car) and it should have been more than a piece of paper. What you're describing sounds more like the inspection checklist.

Unfortunately it comes down to what's in writing. You have to decide how much it's worth to you; it's obviously got you very upset and you keep trying to defend yourself. You may have to hire an attorney to try to get what you want and even then, it's likely you won't get it.

You can buy a lot of oil changes for what you spend in today's lawyer fees. Maybe take a step back, take a deep breath, and think about it.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
If we are going to go on with this thread, I think (just my opinion) you are going to need to post that form. It actually doesn’t make much of a difference what he said about it being CPO. In fact there “may” be a difference between it being. Hyundai CPO vehicle and just saying all the CPO work has been done.

Finally please stop calling it a Genesis G80. You are confusing the heck out of everyone. It is a Hyundai 2015.
Actually, it is a ‘15 Hyundai Genesis and it’s the same basic vehicle as the ‘20 G80. But you are correct, the OP is very confused about what he bought.

I’d love to see what the “CPO promise” paperwork says too. He claims everybody has it now, but we don’t.

Last edited:

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
A real CPO contract is a pretty big deal, it's not going to be a single form with check boxes. It's going to be an agreement that states the warranty on specific terms, and you will pay for it.
Yup
What you're describing sounds more like the inspection checklist.
Yup
Unfortunately it comes down to what's in writing.
Yup

Glad @TinsleyC said it. I didn’t want to sound like the skeptic I usually come off as, but he is right on the mark.

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
15 Hyundai Genesis and it’s same basic vehicle as the ‘20 G80
Yes it’s the same, except for the differences :)
I’d love to see what the “CPO promise” paperwork says too. He claims everybody has it now, but we don’t.
My guess is he is going to drop this thread fast when he finds out how confused he was. The OP describes himself as “not stupid and I am a highly perserverent and multifaceted type of person” but missed so many red flags. I know hindsight, but still.
@EdP I have to differ with your assessment on this one.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Yes it’s the same, except for the differences :

Understood, but what I mean is that it is just like any other vehicle in its sixth and final year of the model run. Same assembly line, same basic components, Same basic styling.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Understood, but what I mean is that it is just like any other vehicle in its sixth and final year of the model run. Same assembly line, same basic components, Same basic styling.
Yes I agree with that, but so much different in terms of benefits and of course the time left on warranty And pricing.

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
CPO on a four or five year-old car? Pretty rare. Agree that it was just a checklist, passed on as a CPO, without real guarantees.

Often times a CPO turns out to be a warranty, not a real assurance that any work has actually been done to return the car to newish condition: "Oh, you want that car with a CPO? Here; that'll be another $1200". Then, if something described in the paperwork actually does go wrong, then it gets attention. You've bought peace of mind, like with any other insurance or warranty, and the dealer doesn't have to do anything extra until needed.

I speculate OP was flimflammed with a piece of paper, and a lawyer will have to determine if it's a genuine CPO, or just a one-time inspection checklist.