• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Non-stop brake squealing 2013 Genesis sedan

Curious13

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hello All,
A few months the brake pads were replaced on my 2013 Genesis sedan per the dealer service writer recommendation. For the past three months I have returned my car six times to the dealer for brake squealing. As of today brakes are still squealing and I'm very frustrated can anyone provide me a recommendation to solve this issue.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

JapethMarvel

Registered Member
It's probably the calipers. If they put crappy ones in, it doesn't matter how many time they replace the pads, they will still squeak. Had the same issue on an old car or mine that just got new brakes. The warranty on the part should cover the caliper replacement, so you shouldn't have to pay for any parts.

Fred-Gen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The brakes usually squeal because somehow one of the brakepads is not fully retracted.
That causes the pad to slightly touch the disc and create a high frequent vibration which you hear as a squealing while driving.

That is why the use of some copper paste/ Brake lubricant apllied to the metal back of the pad is recommended when installing new ones, to absorb some of the vibrations.

Also factors like dirt or caked brakedust, can obstruct a free movement of the brake pads and cause squealing.

If the Brake calipers have been replaced, check the pistons for dirt and corrosion and ease of movement.
Especially on overhauled brake calipers, i've noticed unusual amount of corrosion on the pistons.

If they are in good working condition, they retract a slight bit after releasing the brake pedal.

Hope this helps ,if you want to troubleshoot it yourself

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums