2015genesisNewbie

Registered Member
Temple, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
So I've made the decision 2 purchase a nitrous kit. does anyone know what the fuel pressure supposed to read? So much information on the coupe's but not so much on the sedans. I'll be sure to post pics update my progress and let y'all know what the performance gains are as well as any Improvement on my quarter mile.

Flarfignewton

Hasn't posted much yet...
Pittsburgh, PA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
It looks like it should be anywhere from 49.8-86.7psi or 343-598kPa and be able to hold the pressure for 5 minutes after shutting vehicle off. You may need special equipment to measure as it wants the measurement between the fuel feed tube and high pressure fuel pump. Part number looks to be 09353-02100 for the fuel pressure gauge adapter.

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Ain't the V8 a DI motor? if so your looking at probably 30bar or more on pressure. Direct Injection motors are anywhere from 150psi to 3000psi of fuel pressure.

Last edited:

Flarfignewton

Pittsburgh, PA
Genesis Model Type
Yes you are correct, forgot about that. The pressure I already posted is for the low pressure side. High pressure side should be 284.5-2133.5psi or 1.96-14.7MPa.

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
you sig shows 4.6 that was multiport fuel injection right now DI, if so it would be easy. normally its 34 to 36 psi base fuel pressure.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
So I've made the decision 2 purchase a nitrous kit. does anyone know what the fuel pressure supposed to read? So much information on the coupe's but not so much on the sedans. I'll be sure to post pics update my progress and let y'all know what the performance gains are as well as any Improvement on my quarter mile.
Cool. Did you buy a wet kit or dry kit?

Flarfignewton

Pittsburgh, PA
Genesis Model Type
you sig shows 4.6 that was multiport fuel injection right now DI, if so it would be easy. normally its 34 to 36 psi base fuel pressure.
That is correct, I do have the 4.6. I work at a dealership (not Hyundai/Genesis) and have access to Mitchell ProDemand. The information in there comes straight from the manufacturers so that should be the right information for the 5.0

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Wet, as I was concerned it would be too lean with the dry kit
Cool. Seem like a smart move.

Question? Do you know the max torque/hp rating for the 8 speed automatic transmission?

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
no idea. Probably good to know. Find out for me?lol
Well, you may want to get that information before throwing extra horsepower and torque through the engine. I checked but could not find any max power specs on the 8 speed automatic. I would not use more than a 50 shot of NOS until you find out, even that maybe too much depending on how much engine torque the stock torque convertor can handle.

2015genesisNewbie

Registered Member
Temple, TX
Genesis Model Type
Well, you may want to get that information before throwing extra horsepower and torque through the engine. I checked but could not find any max power specs on the 8 speed automatic. I would not use more than a 50 shot of NOS until you find out, even that maybe too much depending on how much engine torque the stock torque convertor can handle.
Regardless of what it can handle I don’t nor did I plan on getting too crazy with it lol. 50 is what I was looking at. I’ll start with 35 just to get a feel. I’m pretty confident it will take a 100 shot as is without any problems as long as I only use it at the dragstrip for 1/4 mile runs only. But like I said, I’ll start low and probably won’t go over 75 if I think it can take even that much after playing with it

G-981526

So did you end up getting it to work?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums