OBDII Connection

Wyo_Cowboy

Registered Member
Clermont, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi all,
I am going to try and install my JB4 today. One question I have is on the OBDII connection. There are two extra black wire leads on the connection, along with the plug. What are those 2 leads for? The install guide does not reference them?
Thanks

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I assume those are the o2 sensor wires, aka fuel wires.

Wyo_Cowboy

Registered Member
Clermont, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I assume those are the o2 sensor wires, aka fuel wires.
JB4 installed and seems to be working just Dandy! I run 93 Oct all the time and on Map 2 I have to be careful from start if I really get on it. Very noticeable difference and that is with stock plugs. No intake or exhaust yet.

BTW- how do I find the firmware version for the JB4 App? When I look at one of my Log files it says "22/7//5". That's not a typo. What does that translate to?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Definitely update to at least v10!

Wyo_Cowboy

Registered Member
Clermont, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi all,
I am going to try and install my JB4 today. One question I have is on the OBDII connection. There are two extra black wire leads on the connection, along with the plug. What are those 2 leads for? The install guide does not reference them?
Thanks
My apologies for not updating this. JB4 is working fine, I did not install the extra leads which I assume go to 02 sensor red signal wire. Will connect those when I do plugs this weekend. Updated firmware last night to V11.

Last edited:

Terdbath

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wyo: In my haste/excitement buying the parts for JB4 install I bought an extra pair of fuel wire extensions from ebay. They were $53 for the pair. I thought they were $53 a piece. Lets turn my loss into 2 positives. Ill sell these to you or anyone else for $25. You pay the shipping and Ill donate the $25 to this forum.

Wyo_Cowboy

Registered Member
Clermont, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wyo: In my haste/excitement buying the parts for JB4 install I bought an extra pair of fuel wire extensions from ebay. They were $53 for the pair. I thought they were $53 a piece. Lets turn my loss into 2 positives. Ill sell these to you or anyone else for $25. You pay the shipping and Ill donate the $25 to this forum.
@Terdbath, sure, I'd be interested. Can you give me some more info and photo? Are these plug and play? Would prefer not to use the quick connect of I don't have to. Thanks

Terdbath

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
20191121_174827.jpg 20191121_175644.jpg Screenshot_20191121-175541_Photo Editor.jpg

tomhall@consultingdallas.

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I did the same thing and have an extra pair. Same deal for me as above.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners