Odd question: Girlfriend tends to drive my cars a lot with her left knee scrunched up...

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Can anyone speak if this is comfortable in the G70? Lol :unsure:
You mean instead of having her leg extended out she has her leg pulled up? Depends on her height but in the correct seating position isn’t a problem, if she is tall her knee may come up to the steering wheel but from my experience lol, its perfectly comfortable imo. But its you’re car so it shouldn’t matter, plus “girlfriend” if she was you’re wife its a different story haha.

3mattya

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
You mean instead of having her leg extended out she has her leg pulled up? Depends on her height but in the correct seating position isn’t a problem, if she is tall her knee may come up to the steering wheel but from my experience lol, its perfectly comfortable imo. But its you’re car so it shouldn’t matter, plus “girlfriend” if she was you’re wife its a different story haha.

@BlackedOutG70, yeah exactly. She's 5'5". Just wanted to see if there people who drive like that that can speak on it lol. We will be engaged by the end of the year so the wife part will affect me, just pre-emptively asking.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
It's just fine for me, but I'm also 5'11 and my seat is probably a good bit further from the dashboard so I have more room for my knee.

3mattya

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
I'm 6'1" and I usually tuck my left leg under my right as the dead pedal and the seat are a bit out of alignment to me. I also sit with the seat as close to the floor as possible.

Not sure that's what you wanted to know....
@MrMegadeth, this is excellent because this is how I drive LOL.

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
“Scrunched up” is meaningless. If you mean that she sits on her left leg then that’s dangerous.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
I’ve been a “Left Foot Braker” for years.

I’ve got a left foot, so I may as well use it. 😄

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis G70
@BlackedOutG70, yeah exactly. She's 5'5". Just wanted to see if there people who drive like that that can speak on it lol. We will be engaged by the end of the year so the wife part will affect me, just pre-emptively asking.
I am 5'4" female--and drive just as you describe--it is comfortable for me (though as others said--maybe have her take a test drive).
:)

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport
good way to break a leg or hip in an accident when a 200mph airbag comes at you..

ShakaDaKine

Those of you who are 6'-0' and taller, if you adjust the seat back far enough that your knee doesn't hit the steering wheel when braking, does the steering wheel adjust outward enough to have a relaxed arm position?

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
Those of you who are 6'-0' and taller, if you adjust the seat back far enough that your knee doesn't hit the steering wheel when braking, does the steering wheel adjust outward enough to have a relaxed arm position?
yes. Im 6 2 and my seat isnt all the way back but pretty far, and my steering wheel is extended as far as it will go. easy on the arms, and my knee doesnt touch the column

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
We never did learn what “scrunched up” means.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
We never did learn what “scrunched up” means.
Left leg tucked against the seat instead of on the dead pedal more than likely. I sit like that at work sometimes

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
The OP never told us what “scrunched up” means.

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Yes. And, if by asking this question, you are wondering whether the G70's telescoping wheel extends toward the driver as much (or more) as the average vehicle with a telescoping wheel, the answer is also, yes.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums