Odd Shifter Behavior

Thread starter #1

Rlink

Hasn't posted much yet...
Oklahoma
When I shift the car into Drive it jumps back to Neutral. It does this about half of the time. I have made sure that I am shifting properly but it still happens. Any ideas? I have a 2018 G80 Ultimate.

Thanks!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When I shift the car into Drive it jumps back to Neutral. It does this about half of the time. I have made sure that I am shifting properly but it still happens. Any ideas? I have a 2018 G80 Ultimate.

Thanks!
Sounds like a trip to the dealer is necessary. If it is happening half the time it would be easy to replicate.

Is it something that just started? I'm not sure how the electronics work on it but there may be a defective solenoid or whatever they use to actually move the shifting mechanism.

Thread starter #3

Rlink

Oklahoma
Sounds like a trip to the dealer is necessary. If it is happening half the time it would be easy to replicate.

Is it something that just started? I'm not sure how the electronics work on it but there may be a defective solenoid or whatever they use to actually move the shifting mechanism.
Its been going on for about a month or so. At first I thought I had just not moved the shifter properly. But after paying attention to the way I shift I realized the car was doing it.

pa-g80-ownr

PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Could be the button on the side of the shift lever. A few times it happened to me and I realized that I wasn't pushing the button in properly.

thebigernman

Los Angeles

Thanks!
Yes, I concur... Button on Shift lever and foot on brake when shifting into drive. I also have the 2018 G80 Ultimate.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.