OEM Air/oil separator(s) in the 3.3T engine's PCV plumbing?

Patent1

Registered Member
Northern Virginia, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just starting to learn about the G70's direct gas injection engine (which I believe is the same engine used in the KIA Stinger). Wondering whether Genesis includes an air/water separator in the PCV plumbing (probably not) and whether installing an aftermarket catch can would void the warranty (probably yes). Perhaps valve fouling will not be problem for owners because of the 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. Any thoughts? Has anyone installed a catch can?

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just starting to learn about the G70's direct gas injection engine (which I believe is the same engine used in the KIA Stinger). Wondering whether Genesis includes an air/water separator in the PCV plumbing (probably not) and whether installing an aftermarket catch can would void the warranty (probably yes). Perhaps valve fouling will not be problem for owners because of the 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. Any thoughts? Has anyone installed a catch can?
The 3.3 (yup, same as the Stinger) does already have an oil separator as part of the PCV system; however, vapor still gets through which can contribute to deposits on the intake ports and valves. Installing a reputable aftermarket catch can, in my opinion, is a good idea on pretty much any engine using direct injection. It won't stop all vapors from getting into the intake, but it will help reduce them even more.

As for the warranty, it probably would void it - IF a service tech saw it in your engine bay. You could always remove it prior to getting anything done at your dealer.

I'll definitely be using one. Let us know what you decide! And congrats on getting a sweet car!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.